Notices

Thread: Alarms??????

1. Alarms?????? 
    Diamond Member
    Need an alarm for me gixxer, want to spend up to around 300 fitted, anything to have not to have, any reommendations, or anywhere good to get one? Thankssss

2. Re: Alarms?????? 
    There are 2 new posts since your last visit. (You have read 3 of these posts.)

3. Re: Alarms?????? 
    Got a datatool S4 Cat one super, Latest and greatest datatool alarm out at the moment. 150 and its urs mate

4. Re: Alarms?????? 
    ONFIRE
    Never bothered with Alarms, pain in the neck noisey things . But if you going to get one. Datatool is probably one of the best around.

Dealers
    http://www.datatool.co.uk/consumer/nearest/

Some idea of fitting prices
    http://www.indurate.co.uk/datatool.htm

Might find someone who is accredited to fit only 8-)

5. Re: Alarms?????? 
    dont bother unless insurance say you have to complete nightmare >

6. Re: Alarms?????? 
    ONFIRE
    When I got my insurance quote based on having Data tag I got a low cost Insurance. They wanted Datatag certificate proof, so I did nothing... then they added extra £15 to my premium, would of cost me over 50 notes for kit & diy or pay someone to do it for you 99 notes.

Need to work out the overall savings I guess. Would you do anything about someone attempting to steal a bike with a screaming alarm? : :-/

7. Re: Alarms?????? 
    Ryan, have a look on this website and see if there is anything you like.

One of the geezers who runs the business is a regular on the ninja forum and comes well recommended. If he can't fit the alarm he'll know someone closer to you who can.

www.bikealarms.co.uk

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

8. Re: Alarms?????? 
    Datatool is one I have had on number of bikes without issue. I orefer having an alarm as I park bike and I can hear alarm and see bike from my windon which is handy and reassuring. I know lots fo people are against em too tho - heard stories fo alrams not functioning properly making bike unrideable etc.

9. Re: Alarms?????? 
    Platinum Member
    I have a meta alarm on my ninja, it's ok i spose, does the job, never had any problems with it. But dont think people really take much notice of alarms today

10. Re: Alarms?????? 
    In all of the 9 previous bikes ive had, 8 of them ive had a datatool fitted, Never had a problem with any of them. And when quoted to various insurance companies, Ive had a good discount!. Obviously you NEED to send the cirtificate away as proof of fitment else anyone could get away with it. Anyway Grab a bargin i have it on ebay cheap

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DATATOOL-S4-C1...1%7C240%3A1318