After pondering whether to post anything on this topic, here goes.

I'm an non-biker, and an ex BiB. I'm neither pro biking or otherwise, but still appreciate the sport. I should at least make you all aware of the new "initiative" being set up this summer.

I'm neither here to condone or criticise - please either take this or leave it - I'm merely passing on what I have heard.

It may give you the head's up to know that a group set up by residents in the county have raised money to buy a collection of SD cameras that they are placing in various parts of wilts (and berks I believe) on roads such as the A361 and A4, leaving them running during the day.

They are after sportsbikers, and have apparently told WP that they will be reporting speeding bikes and those with illegal plates. I have been told that they will also report parked bikes with obvious 'discrepancies' such as plates and cans.

I understand that this has stemmed from some issues last summer, and I know WP are under increasing pressure to apply more time to the RPU. You may have noticed more activity last year. A chap called Christopher O'Donovan who was arrested last year was apparently reported by a resident dialing 999. This is a growing group, that is for sure, also know of at least one major player giving their support, this isn't some old ladies in the village!!

That's what I know, don't shoot the messenger. I know this is in its infancy and may not kick off until later in the year, or it may die a death - but Be vigilant if that helps. I only found this forum via Google, so don't know where else to post I'm afraid.

Cheers

Paul.