Notices

Thread: Does your Helmet fit properly ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    Diamond Member
    I have a Shoei and I wore that lid in the shop for over 20mins to make sure it was the one, after getting the low down from Ride mag about best lids for the price and sound and such like.

My wife bought the same lid and had issues with it and I had to crush the front on the forehead as this always gave her a red forehead and a headache.

2. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crewy
    [quote author=Davey link=1235166973/15#18 date=1235513453][quote author=crewy link=1235166973/0#14 date=1235390120]Well i''ve returned 2 helmets now, i returned one only a few weeks ago as i had bought a small helmet for my nephew but it was to big, so i was able to return it 4 a full refund!
    Nice to know theres places that refund helmets cos someone can't measure their head - or another way is selling helmets someone could have damaged - suppose theres different rules for internet sales but if its protecting my bonce I want the best fit and only 1 way for that is to try it on[/quote]

Looks like George Whites aint the place to buy a helmet from then!!! ;D[/quote]

Not if your a dickhead and don't try stuff on properly! Thats why GW's staff are trained by the manufacturer of each helmet to ensure they can advise etc

Buying a helmet isn't like buying a pair of trainers - its your personal safety equipment - put it bluntly I don't care if yours don't fit properly or is uncomfortable as I know mine does and it's comfy offering me the best protection

3. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    [quote author=crewy link=1235166973/15#19 date=1235571142][quote author=Davey link=1235166973/15#18 date=1235513453][quote author=crewy link=1235166973/0#14 date=1235390120]Well i''ve returned 2 helmets now, i returned one only a few weeks ago as i had bought a small helmet for my nephew but it was to big, so i was able to return it 4 a full refund!
    Nice to know theres places that refund helmets cos someone can't measure their head - or another way is selling helmets someone could have damaged - suppose theres different rules for internet sales but if its protecting my bonce I want the best fit and only 1 way for that is to try it on[/quote]

Not if your a dickhead and don't try stuff on properly! Thats why GW's staff are trained by the manufacturer of each helmet to ensure they can advise etc

Buying a helmet isn't like buying a pair of trainers - its your personal safety equipment - put it bluntly I don't care if yours don't fit properly or is uncomfortable as I know mine does and it's comfy offering me the best protection [/quote]

I hope this isn't the attitude of all the sales people down GW, as the after sales service must be awful!!!

4. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    ONFIRE
    Kid's eh Stu, ;D ;D ;D

5. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    Platinum Member
    Yeh, definately sounds like a tight helmet sx! Have you tried a few days without wearing one to see If the headaches stop? Also try a head massager to relieve tense scalp! Just my pennies worth! :-/ [smiley=happy.gif]

6. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by crewy
    [quote author=Davey link=1235166973/15#21 date=1235979714][quote author=crewy link=1235166973/15#19 date=1235571142][quote author=Davey link=1235166973/15#18 date=1235513453][quote author=crewy link=1235166973/0#14 date=1235390120]Well i''ve returned 2 helmets now, i returned one only a few weeks ago as i had bought a small helmet for my nephew but it was to big, so i was able to return it 4 a full refund!

Buying a helmet isn't like buying a pair of trainers - its your personal safety equipment - put it bluntly I don't care if yours don't fit properly or is uncomfortable as I know mine does and it's comfy offering me the best protection [/quote]

I hope this isn't the attitude of all the sales people down GW, as the after sales service must be awful!!! [/quote]

Now now boys, take a chill pill as this is edging towards getting too personal.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

7. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_richie
    [quote author=crewy link=1235166973/15#22 date=1236986663][quote author=Davey link=1235166973/15#21 date=1235979714][quote author=crewy link=1235166973/15#19 date=1235571142][quote author=Davey link=1235166973/15#18 date=1235513453][quote author=crewy link=1235166973/0#14 date=1235390120]Well i''ve returned 2 helmets now, i returned one only a few weeks ago as i had bought a small helmet for my nephew but it was to big, so i was able to return it 4 a full refund!

I hope this isn't the attitude of all the sales people down GW, as the after sales service must be awful!!! [/quote]

Now now boys, take a chill pill as this is edging towards getting too personal.[/quote]

8-)

8. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    Platinum Member
    LOL I'd forgotten about this thread - nothing like dragging up old news :

Must have hit a raw nerve there Well if the hat fits (or doesn't in this case!) ;D

9. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    Platinum Member
    Me and Thunderbird were talking and laughing about this in work so i thought i'd better leave a reply ;D

10. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    Platinum Member
    yes and thunderbird was thinking of posting something on the same lines as R1chies post.Stu presuming you are of more mature years you shoud no better than to get involved