Notices

Thread: Does your Helmet fit properly ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    ...yeah you wern't meant to agree with me on that one!

2. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    Used to get headaches from my old Shark helmet so i got rid of it for a Shoei and haven't had any problems since

3. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    Platinum Member
    You can return helmets aslong as they have all the tags and sticker on them and in as new condition

4. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crewy
    You can return helmets aslong as they have all the tags and sticker on them and in as new condition
    No you can't! Unless there is a manufacturer defect - as a shop doesn't know if you have damaged it in some way - dealerships will also have it clearly marked on the shelves and counter!

As for people that try the ones on the shelf on then want another out the back but don't try that on your mad as they are hand built and each one can be a different fitment

5. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    Platinum Member
    Well i''ve returned 2 helmets now, i returned one only a few weeks ago as i had bought a small helmet for my nephew but it was to big, so i was able to return it 4 a full refund!

6. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    Well, I have been given the all clear, but I will still be changing my helmet. Interesting comments thanks about Suomy helmets, as thats what I have got. I used to have a HJC and never had a problem.

Best I get a new one then

7. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    Platinum Member
    Why not go back to the HJC for a few months and see if the problem goes away before you invest in a new lid

8. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    Only problem I have is I have a Caberg open face and it starts to lift at about 110mph. It does make your neck muscles stronger though. I've tried having it as tight as possible, but still get the same result.
    I feel too enclosed in a full face.

9. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crewy
    Well i''ve returned 2 helmets now, i returned one only a few weeks ago as i had bought a small helmet for my nephew but it was to big, so i was able to return it 4 a full refund!
    Nice to know theres places that refund helmets cos someone can't measure their head - or another way is selling helmets someone could have damaged - suppose theres different rules for internet sales but if its protecting my bonce I want the best fit and only 1 way for that is to try it on

10. Re: Does your Helmet fit properly ? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    [quote author=crewy link=1235166973/0#14 date=1235390120]Well i''ve returned 2 helmets now, i returned one only a few weeks ago as i had bought a small helmet for my nephew but it was to big, so i was able to return it 4 a full refund!
    Nice to know theres places that refund helmets cos someone can't measure their head - or another way is selling helmets someone could have damaged - suppose theres different rules for internet sales but if its protecting my bonce I want the best fit and only 1 way for that is to try it on[/quote]

Looks like George Whites aint the place to buy a helmet from then!!! ;D