Quote Originally Posted by Ryan9T9
i rode a scooter when i was 16 - 17 then redone my cbt last summer time, rode around till november on my 125 done my full test and went straight to a unrestricted gsxr 600 ie got on alright just need to do whatever u feel comftable with [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Thats perfectly fine for you mate and nice one, the only thing threadstarter has to consider (I know this as I was in the same situation), is whether he has the mindset to resist temptation to whip the restrictors out before the 2 years are up on the license.

I'm neither for or against this btw as I think, as with anything, individual riders and their mentality/ability plays more of a part in whether they're "ready" for a bigger bike than a generic age the G'ment recommends - if you do the crime just be prepared to take the time, that's my attitude towards it. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I went from a 50cc RS50 to a 33bhp SRAD 600 and contrary to popular belief, found it pretty user friendly and easily adaptable. Weight wasn't an issue either and you get used to the power frightningly quickly. After ~7,000 miles riding on a SRAD it's still teachning me more and more though.

My advice would be do what you want as it's you that will be riding the bike afterall. LEt us know how you get on and there are loads of helpful members on here and other forums that can assist you with any queries you have, whatever cc bike you go for