Notices

Thread: Suzuki GSX650F vs Yamaha R6

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Re: Suzuki GSX650F vs Yamaha R6 
    Quote Originally Posted by karl636
    JP..... a few words your saying there are very true, alot of it comes down to the rider also, i know for a fact my mate who has a great road bike (upright sitting, amazing handling etc etc) will never out ride me in the twisties why....... because i can get so much out of my 58 plate R6, its light its nimble and its amazingly responsive. as for the back ache that also comes down to the rider how fit/fat he is how tall/ short he is, i to this day have never had any discomfort riding my R6, and when i normally go out for a ride its for the hole day not just a quick blast (filling the bike up two maybe three times in a day).

(Not to mentiion they are a million times more fun!) .... as for that comment that is down to personal pref.

your right in the fact that yes anyone can go fast in a straight line, my god my granny could ride a bike in a straight line lol, but like everything in biking, ITS ALL DOWN TO HOW GOOD THE RIDER IS AND THE ROAD CONDITIONS, you could give stoner a crappy 400 and you have the best supermoto in the world, stoner would still be on ur ass or long gone........ its all down to the rider in my eyes (some of it does come down to how a bike is also set up and what it is)

karl

Think people will disagree with your "back ache" statement...as it's something anyone can suffer from which an uncomfortable superbike will make 100 times worse.

Like Stu having owned many superbikes myself, I will still stick with my origional view...I love all bikes but as I said different tools for different jobs.

Your views are going to be biased based on the fact of what you ride and own, and I expect like most bikers you think yours is the best thing since sliced bread...but like I say to everyone when they ask me for advice: try as many bikes as you can, you'll soon realise there is much more fun to be had out there.

2. Re: Suzuki GSX650F vs Yamaha R6 
    Diamond Member
    Wise words JP

3. Re: Suzuki GSX650F vs Yamaha R6 
    JP i respect all views i haven riden and owned many bikes, been riding since i was 7, from mini moto upwards b4 my ninja and r6 i had fazer 6 for 18mths also hornet, but not once on any bike have i ever had back ache.

karl

4. Re: Suzuki GSX650F vs Yamaha R6 
    ONFIRE
    Disagree you can ride Sports Bikes for miles as I do to Cornwall (550 mile return) without an ache or pain..had loads sports bikes you can ride them in upright position without an achy back... as well as prone. Only time I ache like fcuk is at very low speed around town as I have two knackered Trapeziums (arthritic thumb joints).

Each to their own 8-)

5. Re: Suzuki GSX650F vs Yamaha R6 
    Quote Originally Posted by ONFIRE
    Disagree you can ride Sports Bikes for miles as I do to Cornwall (550 mile return) without an ache or pain..had loads sports bikes you can ride them in upright position without an achy back... as well as prone. Only time I ache like fcuk is at very low speed around town as I have two knackered Trapeziums (arthritic thumb joints).

Each to their own 8-)
    good words there about the back ache mate it comes down to how fit you are how well your leathers fit, ie if there to tight you will be to restricted then you will get pains in your neck and back.

but like i said before i respect everyones views.

karl

6. Re: Suzuki GSX650F vs Yamaha R6 
    Again as I said before...back ache has nothing do to with fitness it's a physical condition.

I personally don't suffer back ache on any bike, and I'm definitely not fit but according to my doc I'm in a very good state of health, even after splitting a bike in half 2 weeks ago!

Onfire though, come on...I can't remember the last time I saw you out on a bike so don't give me this 650 mile trip crap!

ad loads sports bikes you can ride them in upright position without an achy back
    Maybe if you fitted them with straight bars, but that would defeat the point of having one so you might as well get a non-sportsbike!

One day the bull$hit will work on someone, but not me!

7. Re: Suzuki GSX650F vs Yamaha R6 
    Quote Originally Posted by furry-TLR
    Again as I said before...back ache has nothing do to with fitness it's a physical condition.

I personally don't suffer back ache on any bike, and I'm definitely not fit but according to my doc I'm in a very good state of health, even after splitting a bike in half 2 weeks ago!

Onfire though, come on...I can't remember the last time I saw you out on a bike so don't give me this 650 mile trip crap!

ad loads sports bikes you can ride them in upright position without an achy back
    Maybe if you fitted them with straight bars, but that would defeat the point of having one so you might as well get a non-sportsbike!

One day the bull$hit will work on someone, but not me!
    ok now now, put the claws away guys lol i know i havent been on this foru, long and i wouldnt want to start any arguments lol..... also JP may i comment on a few things you have said please. 1st one is the comment you said about "Again as I said before...back ache has nothing do to with fitness it's a physical condition". please explain this..........of course its down to fitness unless you are handicaped in some way, otherwsie thats like saying fat people have an excuse to be fat and thats an illness.............no there fat...... When i was in the army i was a PTI for alittle part of my time,so i know abit about this subject, it does come down to fitness and health, so like you said to ONFIRE the bull**** hopefully will stop, also if its not down to health, fitness and conditioning why are all motor sports people fit as hell, no fat on any of them and have a strict fitness and eating plan, you dont hear them saying " got back ache carnt race today, it must be my physical condition" PMSL come on, i carnt stand people with excuses for simple things, 2nd JP is something i picked up on about you saying ONFIRE hasnt riden in ages, i was speaking with someone at GW's pn sunday and he also said that alot of people on this forum dont hardly ever go for ride outs they just sit behind the PC on this forum, is this right......... it just got me thinking really about why people say things on here which sometimes is crap, i am sure someone will think what i have said is crap............and you know what i couldnt really give a ****, because we all have different views and i understand that. However i only say things what i have actually done myself and i know about........ Please dont take any of this to heart ok, its early and i just came back from running over the plnes with my dogs before i start my 12 hr shift, having a good rant lol.

karl

8. Re: Suzuki GSX650F vs Yamaha R6 
    Platinum Member
    Putting it Bluntly - Everyone is different and will feel different about different bikes hence so many being made - certain bikes i could ride all day others couldn't and vice versa there is no right or wrong.

Just because people don't see others on the road, they don't go to meets or ride out doesn't mean they don't ride! I spend the majority of my riding time on my own as I prefer that - doesn't mean I don't ride or I prefer typing to riding - also I can't stand making small talk at meets with people I don't know about there heroics and/ or wanting values for bikes, kit etc I do that all day long and I need days off! but then again with my mates I have no issues doing that [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

9. Re: Suzuki GSX650F vs Yamaha R6 
    As this thread has veered towards a cock swinging contest, I suggest people calm down before the thread gets locked.

Different people have different views, it is what makes forums thrive. However, people need to accept other views, or at least tolerate them without dismissing them in a downright manner.

Karl...I see you are making a similar impression on here as you did on MCNNinjas..granted in a slightly different way. So if you could hold back on criticising the members on here because of something "you've heard", I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

10. Re: Suzuki GSX650F vs Yamaha R6 
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_richie
    As this thread has veered towards a thingy swinging contest, I suggest people calm down before the thread gets locked.

Different people have different views, it is what makes forums thrive. However, people need to accept other views, or at least tolerate them without dismissing them in a downright manner.

Karl...I see you are making a similar impression on here as you did on MCNNinjas..granted in a slightly different way. So if you could hold back on criticising the members on here because of something "you've heard", I'd greatly appreciate it.
    ok no worries didnt mean to offend i was only speaking my mind, just like everyone else.