JP..... a few words your saying there are very true, alot of it comes down to the rider also, i know for a fact my mate who has a great road bike (upright sitting, amazing handling etc etc) will never out ride me in the twisties why....... because i can get so much out of my 58 plate R6, its light its nimble and its amazingly responsive. as for the back ache that also comes down to the rider how fit/fat he is how tall/ short he is, i to this day have never had any discomfort riding my R6, and when i normally go out for a ride its for the hole day not just a quick blast (filling the bike up two maybe three times in a day).

(Not to mentiion they are a million times more fun!) .... as for that comment that is down to personal pref.

your right in the fact that yes anyone can go fast in a straight line, my god my granny could ride a bike in a straight line lol, but like everything in biking, ITS ALL DOWN TO HOW GOOD THE RIDER IS AND THE ROAD CONDITIONS, you could give stoner a ****ty 400 and you have the best supermoto in the world, stoner would still be on ur ass or long gone........ its all down to the rider in my eyes (some of it does come down to how a bike is also set up and what it is)

karl