Notices

Thread: Wheelies / Knee down

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Wheelies / Knee down 
    Thought i'd open up this debate (probably gonna be more like a can of worms). Wondering what you guys think of these being done on the road (not necessarily a busy one). I personally voted cool and if done in the appropriate places/times don't see a problem with it.

2. Re: Wheelies / Knee down 
    Platinum Member
    if i could do then it would be cool

3. Re: Wheelies / Knee down 
    Knees down on public roads is no different to cornering normally really, but you are going slightly quicker and are lent over further. So I have no issues with this.

As for wheelies though, I am not sure, I have seen it done before and wasn't impressed, just gives the none bikers the impression we are all like that and makes our reputation as bikers even worse.

4. Re: Wheelies / Knee down 
    you missed out ice cold! 8-) both are awsome! i can do both so i would say that. But most people i know that put it down and think it's silly cant do it... say's something really...lol

5. Re: Wheelies / Knee down 
    Certainly not cool from a plods point of view : ;D

I think it's cool so far as it requires skill (though wheelies require more of it) and looks good. It's the bikers that attempt it dangerously and can't control wheelies or go to all lengths to try for kd when they don't really have enough speed, then it's not so cool.

Wheelies and kd are cool [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Re: Wheelies / Knee down 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry I am one of those bikers that think both whhels should stay on the grond and such antics around round abouts shouldnt be done, we get a bad enough rap with the public as it is without us making it worse for ourselves.....

But hey thats why we are all different.

7. Re: Wheelies / Knee down 
    ONFIRE
    Not to forget Stoppies at the lights (on track of course) gotta admit I am quite a talent at them. Did one in front of my work colleague this morning on private property, don't think he was too impressed as he said he thought I was about to head butt him ;D ;D 8-)

Oh voted cool 8-)

8. Re: Wheelies / Knee down 
    Stoppies are all good, but do tend to go throw pad quite quickly. There are so many cool things to be done on a bike... lets not forget standing wheelies and rolling burnouts.

I agree with igbell thou, us bikers do get a bad rep, but thats all the more reason not to get caught...lol [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

9. Re: Wheelies / Knee down 
    Quote Originally Posted by noisy_lightning
    Knees down on public roads is no different to cornering normally really, but you are going slightly quicker and are lent over further. So I have no issues with this.
    I was under the impression that 'hanging off' while getting your knee down reduced lean angle? I thought that was the whole point in it.

10. Re: Wheelies / Knee down 
    all cool just dont get caught, do your home work and find good roads with not many people or motors round.