Notices

Thread: STOMP GRIP

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Re: STOMP GRIP 
    Karl R6, although I'm not interested in the Stomp Grip that you have offered to bulk buy for the forum users can I just point out one thing?
    It's not about if Stomp Grip do bike 'specific' kits, its about Bloody 'SPECIFIC'.
    Sorry but I get a bit anal about spelling and punctuation, I would have said grammer but wasn't sure if it was spelt with an 'a' or 'e'.

2. Re: STOMP GRIP 
    Quote Originally Posted by drinky
    Karl R6, although I'm not interested in the Stomp Grip that you have offered to bulk buy for the forum users can I just point out one thing?
    It's not about if Stomp Grip do bike 'specific' kits, its about Bloody 'SPECIFIC'.
    Sorry but I get a bit anal about spelling and punctuation, I would have said grammer but wasn't sure if it was spelt with an 'a' or 'e'.
    its ok mate its all them years in the ring knocked loads of cells out my brain lol, everyone knew what i ment lol, but thanks

3. Re: STOMP GRIP 
    I knew exactly what you ment mate and I know what you mean about having cells battered about as well. Was just having a bit of a laugh.

4. Re: STOMP GRIP 
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    - I will also add I paid no-where near the prices charged on that site .
    Me neither... mind you it was about 2 years ago

Y'all jus' make sure you put it on round the right way unlike some dumb-ass numpty I was chatting to @ Abergavenny a few W/E s ago :

5. Re: STOMP GRIP 
    hi all everyone is talking about they didnt pay no were near that price on that site, have a missed something coz i havent put up a link to a site.

i will letting the list go till friday then i will be asking the question to my mate.

karl

6. Re: STOMP GRIP 
    I would also be interested in a set for my vfr800vtec 2003 model please

7. Re: STOMP GRIP 
    I think they are probably refereding to the rough price we've mentioned and the links Stu and I maybe put up. I'd just like to say though that the link I put up was just am example showing that universal ones were available and not me saying this is the cheapest you can get them!

One thing people should be aware of though, Stomp Grips ARE really useful to aid bike control although you're only really going to see real benefits on the track BUT they wear your leathers out on the knee contact points, this is well documented and I can vouch for it myself...

8. Re: STOMP GRIP 
    Diamond Member
    Well said Sheep

9. Re: STOMP GRIP 
    On the gixer junkies forum im on there's someone on there that offers a service of stiching black hide to the inside of the knee on leathers to stop that problem for a tenner. Im gonna get mine done and will look into it for anyone else thats curious

10. Re: STOMP GRIP 
    That's a useful thing Ian if you really need Stomp Grips and I am not saying anyone should not use them, afterall, I use them myself. But, the question should be asked for those thinking about fitting them as to what kind of riding they do and whether they really need them. Stomp Grips are not going to help anyone go faster in a straight line ;- )

In summary, Stomp Grips are really useful for fast road/track riding as they help reduce leg fatigue and aid tank gripping through corners but, if you just want them because they look nice or as a tank protector, it's worth remembering they do wear leathers and that has an associated cost long term... as with anything, do your research, they are cheap and a great help if you need them or think you may need them but otherwise buy a few extra pints at the weekend or some go faster strips! lol