Notices

Thread: New Bike Test

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Re: New Bike Test 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONFIRE
    Not forgetting the Kock's on motorcycle's that need to learn how to ride.

Yesterday afternoon (16:15) I was out with a m8 on the Aldbourne to Hungerford rd first couple miles several bikes heading toward us stuck behind few cars in wider section of the road plenty of visibility, and one of them an Idiot on a Ducati decided to overtake on my side of the road leaving me no choice to take immediate action avoiding an head on collision.
    I agree there is a few out there that need to scratch up on there abilities.I went on bike safe last year,learnt the correct approach and exits on corners,and for good reason.I too have had a few"riders" coming around a corner clearly on my side of the white line and was glad I took the "track"suggested by the police! " For beginners new here that advice is,on right handers keep to the left side of your lane and vice versa on left handers!Gives you the widest view into the corner and safest exit. Of course this is not the same as the "racing line" but then again we're not on track with nothing coming the other way.For those not been on the "bikesafe" course I recommend it to "newbies" and even some seasoned riders.The police riders are also a friendly bunch and the whole day is free and informative! Safe riding to all! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2. Re: New Bike Test 
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo
    sorry to hear that mate, better luck next time, good luck.

any idea's anyone, i been thinking 2day about that new test can we not send a letter to like local mp's or anything to get it taken out of the test or something, i know its a long shot but just an idea
    Maybe time to join a riders rights organisation then, MAG, BMF etc the guys out there fighting at governmental level for our freedoms as motorcyclists.

3. Re: New Bike Test 
    Found these links on Mermaid Bikers:

"Fears that motocycle swerve test could kill"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8067672.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8067212.stm

Anyone recognize the guy in the first link ;D

4. Re: New Bike Test on "Today" 
    There was also a good item about this on "Today" on Radio 4 this morning.

5. Re: New Bike Test 
    Great isn't it, the 'swerve' is done above our basic speed limit of 30mph, just to appease the europeans..!!! WHY. Why was 30mph not good enough???
    We really are a bonkers country when it comes to legislation...
    Sorry you failed, Second time, easy peasy
    H

6. Re: New Bike Test 
    ONFIRE
    If you can not show you're competent at swerving at 30mph there's no hope for you speeds up to 70mph you may well need to put it into practise one day. :-?

Perhaps this is down to the training schools who should concentrate more on this manoeuvre in a controlled environment so when it comes to the test the candidate is suitably trained for the event :-/

Just like braking one slow emergency stop is not good enough! Maybe more higher speed brake training will save the candidate learning the hard way :