Notices

Thread: New Bike Test

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: New Bike Test 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman
    [quote author=ONFIRE link=1240985689/15#15 date=1241080998]Its about time the test was a little more challenging! 8-)
    I wish the car test was also made a lot more challenging complete with CBTs' as well!
    [/quote]

OfF topic...thought subject was New Bike Test.
    8-)

2. Re: New Bike Test 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONFIRE
    [quote author=Iceman link=1240985689/15#19 date=1241170634][quote author=ONFIRE link=1240985689/15#15 date=1241080998]Its about time the test was a little more challenging! 8-)
    I wish the car test was also made a lot more challenging complete with CBTs' as well!
    [/quote]

8-)[/quote]

well it's all relevant mate! Why do bikers get a harder deal regards the test while car drivers who cause a lot of road problems have a pathetic simple test?? Get my point? When I did my bike practical last year 2 of the "car" examiners complained about the "easy" car test and the lack of any CBT requirement for them!

3. Re: New Bike Test 
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepingDraco
    two things i messed up on.... i forgot to do a right lifesaver when i did my U-turn, which to be fair was me having a moment!!!! I can understand why they failed me for that.

The other thing was that you have to drive through a speed trap doing 50km (32mph) and then swerve round some cones. I didnt go fast enough, speed trap registered me doing 48km (31mph)!!!!!!! Feckin ridiculous! >
    What happens if you go faster then eg.35mph do they still fail you for breaking speed limit!

4. Re: New Bike Test 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman
    [quote author=ONFIRE link=1240985689/30#30 date=1241375607][quote author=Iceman link=1240985689/15#19 date=1241170634][quote author=ONFIRE link=1240985689/15#15 date=1241080998]Its about time the test was a little more challenging! 8-)
    [/quote]

8-)[/quote]

well it's all relevant mate! Why do bikers get a harder deal regards the test while car drivers who cause a lot of road problems have a pathetic simple test?? Get my point? When I did my bike practical last year 2 of the "car" examiners complained about the "easy" car test and the lack of any CBT requirement for them! [/quote]

For simple reason one needs more technical ability & skill to ride a motorcycle. The motorcycle test used to be just a ride around the block & stop! The test needs be far more challenging to allow for increased volume of Idiot motorist, not just car drivers
    8-)

5. Re: New Bike Test 
    Platinum Member
    Personaly,I found the bike test far too easy.I did no DAS other than some personal manouvering practice,bought my CBR600 and applied for the test myself. Obviously I have driven for many years so had a lot of road sense but for newcomers to the road in any form I really believe that a lot more practical stuff is introduced and more theory on high speed riding/driving and possible dangers one may encounter. Of course this is just my view and one may wish to disagree? Safe riding!
    [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Re: New Bike Test 
    I think the test is a farce as it has just been applied to motorbikes, cars should suffer this "penalty" also. Though reading MCN this week, apparently the DSA want to scrap all the test centres and make 65 "Super" centres. Which would mean doing one part of the test in one town, then riding/driving to another town do to another section O_O

bizarre. has seriously got me thinking if it's worth me doing mine in the summer now.

7. Re: New Bike Test 
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrall
    bizarre. has seriously got me thinking if it's worth me doing mine in the summer now.
    In that case, their fiendish plan is bearing fruit... : A simple way to reduce bike-related casualty numbers without having to go to the trouble of actually addressing one of the major causes and educating car drivers properly (and punishing them appropriately when they kill one of us) is to reduce the numbers of riders on the road, ergo the pro rata casualty figures reduce and the spineless f*ckweasels at the DoT can pat themselves on the back and congratulate themselves on reducing bike-related casualties.
    And the easiest way to reduce the number of bikers, without actually appearing to do so? Make it so hard to become a biker that it puts people off bothering... Nil Illegitimi carborundum - don't let the bastards grind you down! Riding a bike is the best way to wave two fingers at the establishment, don't give up! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

8. Re: New Bike Test 
    Platinum Member
    well fu''king said scotty [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

9. Re: New Bike Test 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Riding a bike is the best way to wave two fingers at the establishment, don't give up! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]
    I am inclined to agree with what you said. Thanks for that =]

10. Re: New Bike Test 
    ONFIRE
    Not forgetting the Kock's on motorcycle's that need to learn how to ride.

Yesterday afternoon (16:15) I was out with a m8 on the Aldbourne to Hungerford rd first couple miles several bikes heading toward us stuck behind few cars in wider section of the road plenty of visibility, and one of them an Idiot on a Ducati decided to overtake on my side of the road leaving me no choice to take immediate action avoiding an head on collision.