Notices

Thread: Seeing your mate die video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Seeing your mate die video 
    This is doing the rounds of the forums and is worth a viewing.

Its a warning wot can go wrong

http://www.thisiswesternmorningnews....l/article.html

2. Re: Seeing your mate die video 
    Just watched this video, I have lost 2 close friends due to biking accidents, the first was overtaking a queue of traffic and a car turned right with no indication and the result was horrendous.(yes mate was speeding but the car driver was at fault for not looking or indicating) second on a left hand bend and car came opposite direction cutting corner on his side of the road, again horrendous result but cars fault.

yes it is a terrible thing to happen but it looks to me that the car he was overtaking at the point of incident pulled out to overtake another car and the poor guy had nowhere to go other than onto the other side of the road and into the path of an oncoming vehicle.

Maybe he should have been more aware of what the car in front was doing and remained behind until it was clear but maybe car drivers should also be more aware of motorcyclists.

Think this is a hard lesson that accidents can happen and you have to ALWAYS treat other road users like idiots that don't know you are there. Yes speed can and does kill but I would like to know how many accidents are caused by car drivers pulling out on or not knowing the bike is there, no excuses for riding at ridiculous speeds in inappriopriate area s but I bet all of us have done it at some point...thats why we ride bikes. Its the buzz that makes you do it.

Ride safe.

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: Seeing your mate die video 
    Look closely at the video and you will see the car "just did not pull out" - he was indicating and the bikes approach speed was reading 100mph at the split second the car began to pull out

4. Re: Seeing your mate die video 
    Platinum Member
    The car driver was indicating so the guy that got killed shouldn't have really tried to overtake, but on saying that as the bike was already over taking the cars behind, the driver should have noticed him. But i dont think you can blame the car driver

Sad thing to see though

5. Re: Seeing your mate die video 
    Quote Originally Posted by crewy
    The car driver was indicating so the guy that got killed shouldn't have really tried to overtake, but on saying that as the bike was already over taking the cars behind, the driver should have noticed him. But i dont think you can blame the car driver

Sad thing to see though
    50/50 i think,,, thought you was told while doing your driving lessons, mirror signal mirror manover

ie,,allways chech the mirros befor you do any manover in the car,

Sad loss thou
    There are 2 new posts since your last visit. (You have read 3 of these posts.)

6. Re: Seeing your mate die video 
    havent seen the video havent read the script and dont want to, when bikers do speed we need to know that you are putting your life on danger and others, so DEAL WITH IT SPRINGS TO MIND...... sorry for the fellas family and for the driver and his family, i think thats more traumatic, some one dies in your family there dead simple, but having it on your head/shoulders for the rest of your life thinking(could of i changed the out come and did i look in my blind spot etc etc)

7. Re: Seeing your mate die video 
    I know that bit of road so well, I used to use it several times a day at one point. Coming off Loggans Moor round-a-bout it's single lane before the west bound opens into two lanes and everyone wants to get past the slower moving traffic on the inside and normally make their move before the road fully open into two lanes.

8. Re: Seeing your mate die video 
    i must say this is so sad..... not gonna comment on it at all, have my own views on it.... just a shame for all who knew him.

kev

9. Re: Seeing your mate die video 
    Not going to watch the video... you twist the wrist, you take the risk! life is dangerous, some people get away with it, some dont. Sorry i sound blunt, i dont mean to be... just gets my backup, biking is just as dangerous as crossing the road.

10. Re: Seeing your mate die video 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry but after watching that, I am sorry for driver of the vechule, the biker is at fault here, going that speed while overtaking in the middle....FOOL.