Notices

Thread: Newish Bikers on here ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Newish Bikers on here ? 
    Diamond Member
    I'm interested... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Depends on dates as summer weekends are very busy.
    May be able to drag along Basher (Trowbridge) on his new BMW

Cheers
    G

2. Re: Newish Bikers on here ? 
    depending on the day, i could be up for this...

don't often get the chance to ride out with others

3. Slow ride plan 
    I was going to suggest Sammy Miller's as a destination, but it's pretty close to the south coast, perhaps a bit too far for this purpose.

A bit closer (perhaps too close for some) there's Stourhead near Warminster. There's a good National Trust tea shop at the visitors' centre (which has some coned-off bike parking under some trees), or a pub in the nearby village. The house and gardens are spectacular too, but there's an entry fee for those unless you're a NT member.

Or if people aren't keen on actually doing anything at a specific destination, we could do the usual Wiltshire-tourist thing of just general wanderings around looking at white horses. I tried out the Divine Café in Cherhill recently (it was very good); that could be a gathering point for Southerners, or a mid-ride stop .

As for the date, I don't think there's anything organised for the "official' WB July ride-out next Sunday 12th, so perhaps this could be it.

4. Re: Newish Bikers on here ? 
    If I'm fit by then I'd love to join, I need all the practice I can get, there is a motorcycle stunt day down at Haynes, Sparkkford later in the year can't remember when but that's not too far, don't know the way tho. ;D

5. Re: Newish Bikers on here ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry
    Thanx Jack, I will sometime I promise, but I do fear that you brave souls will be overtaking rows of cars , and I think I should get another few hundred miles on mine before I tag along.

I'm quite happy to give it some beans, but told myself I have to take it extra easy due to my extreme age and my tendency to think I'm better (younger) than I am
    As stated on this thred some go fast some go slow,but we all end up at the place in a group,

You tend to find the faster riders will shoot off ,then pull over and wait for the slower ones to cach back up,

So for new riders that are unshore of joing a ride out,thier is no pressure for you thinking you have to keep up or ride past your limit .. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

That said you still can tag along with us this thurs, if you wona

If you ever fancy a ride at night during the week,just give us a shout, im allways up for a ride
    There are 2 new posts since your last visit. (You have read 3 of these posts.)

6. Re: Newish Bikers on here ? 
    Diamond Member
    Thanks again mate...
    I'm in Jersey from Thursday to Sunday (getting stabbed) so will miss this weeks.
    I'm a fencer and train Tues (Poole meet night) and Thursday (Sally meet night) but I can give one a miss and may go Thursday week.

Funny, took the bike out this evening for an hour to find that Basher called round ten minutes after I had left with his new BMW - pity cos it would have been nice to have a look at it and a mini ride-out !

7. Re: Newish Bikers on here ? 
    Platinum Member
    The route I did down to Compton Abbas yesterday would actually be quite suitble.
    The roads would be suitable but interesting and it's a nice destination for lunch.
    It was about 45 miles from Chippenham (one way).
    Obviously it's longer from Swindon, but shorter for people joining at Melksham/Warminster.

I like the Divine cafe too.
    It's nice there and there is plenty of parking.
    I've been there a few times and the ownders are friendly towards bikers.