Notices

Thread: Whats your latest Modification & Why?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Whats your latest Modification & Why? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ONFIRE
    [quote author=schwee link=1235507096/0#10 date=1235860094]not half as technical, but one of those Hairy-R's QA throttles was my latest mod to the track bike

The best free mod I made was to increase the idle speed [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Idle speed that's a bit rich are you sure. Thought that bit of plastic increased cam diameter and shortened the amount of throttle turn 1/5 :
    8-)[/quote]

The latest mod was the QA throttle

The cheapest and best mod was the idle speed

Two separate mods

2. Re: Whats your latest Modification & Why? 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by schwee
    [quote author=ONFIRE link=1235507096/0#11 date=1235863364][quote author=schwee link=1235507096/0#10 date=1235860094]not half as technical, but one of those Hairy-R's QA throttles was my latest mod to the track bike

The best free mod I made was to increase the idle speed [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Idle speed that's a bit rich are you sure. Thought that bit of plastic increased cam diameter and shortened the amount of throttle turn 1/5 :
    8-)[/quote]

The latest mod was the QA throttle

The cheapest and best mod was the idle speed

Two separate mods[/quote]

[s]Miss read thread [/s] :-*:.....You're 100% correct 8-) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: Whats your latest Modification & Why? 
    Haha ;D

4. Re: Whats your latest Modification & Why? 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by schwee
    Haha ;D
    ;D ;D

5. Re: Whats your latest Modification & Why? 
    ok this will confuse you but a ty175 front end and swinging arm / wheels lifts one of my little bikes up to give more ground clearance
    its a lot more complicated than that with the 2 sets of chains etc but more will be revealed in late august.
    if it moves shoot it with a camera

6. Re: Whats your latest Modification & Why? 
    jazzed up my seat unit by adding some vents

8-)

7. Re: Whats your latest Modification & Why? 
    Platinum Member
    Thunderbird has done quite alot of modifications to his bike of late!!! Why have you not posted them yet Thunderbird?! ;D

8. Re: Whats your latest Modification & Why? 
    just fitted arrow exhaust,carbon hugger and new tyres ready for the summer

9. Re: Whats your latest Modification & Why? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crewy
    Thunderbird has done quite alot of modifications to his bike of late!!! Why have you not posted them yet Thunderbird?! ;D
    have been a bit busy carrying them out crewy plus plus a few other projects on the go ;D so here you go for those that dont know me or my bike i ride a 1957 triumph 650 thunderbird i built the bike a few years ago from parts to ride and enjoy so its not built with originality in mind more of an on going development ;Dit has later bonnie forks 1960/63 and a late sixties TLS front brake (these old bikes will go so its good to stop) i converted it to 12v electrics with a new alternator and power module and its running with twin carbs on an iron head have also fitted carb float bowl extensions,it has a modified timing cover with crankcase breather and a gearbox driven off the exhaust camshaft for the rev counter.
    iam currently overhauling the top end due to it starting to burn a bit of oil and running a bit hot,have bought a later 5 fin head to aid cooling and fitted new bronze guides and larger inlet and exhaust valves and recut the seats also ported inlets and ported and polished the exhaust side the head had been skimmed quite heavily in the past i suspect to raise compression,so i will stick with the standard pistons was tempted to go for higher comp ones.
    having striped the motor down i found the oil control rings had siezed in there grooves causing blow by hence the oil burning and running at high temp,but the bores were good only needing a light hone so fitted new rings after cleaning the grooves in the old pistons i did have another set of new pistons to hand but these were reserved for another project,well i should have fitted them while i had it apart :having taken the bike out on several runs there is a good improvement in proformance but a niggling smokey exhaust one side >so today i decided to pull it all apart again and will be fitting the new pistons and have orderd some new small end bushes so will replace them as well.hope i havent bored you to much but you did ask crewy ;D

10. Re: Whats your latest Modification & Why? 
    Platinum Member
    Very good Steve but you haven't mentioned the bit about you spending 3 days polishing your rod!!! ;D