Notices

Thread: They just dont look!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: They just dont look!! 
    Ive just been told i might be able to claim comp,,under somthing called MIB,,Motor Insurers Bureau ??

Does any one know of any info regarding this

There are 2 new posts since your last visit. (You have read 3 of these posts.)

2. Re: They just dont look!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by jack930
    Ive just been told i might be able to claim comp,,under somthing called MIB,,Motor Insurers Bureau ??

BTW me back has well and truly seezed up :'( :'(

3. Re: They just dont look!! 
    Platinum Member
    Jack - PM me the details of what happened and I will speak to someone at work for you and see if i can help [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: They just dont look!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by jack930

http://www.mib.org.uk/Home/en/default.htm

I went through the MIB after my crash a couple of years back. I didn't get anything from them in the end but that was due to the nature of the accident, nothing to do with them.

Have a look and then submit a claim. You can download the form and post it off. They get in touch quite quickly initially but it may slow down afterwards.

It is worthwhile doing as well as using a solicitor if you decide to go down that route (they should advise you to go through the MIB anyway)

Just in case, take pics of your bike showing the damage done, keep any receipts of repairs/parts etc and record any injuries, payment for treatments etc The usual legal gubbings
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

5. Re: They just dont look!! 
    Platinum Member
    Hope you back gets better soon Jack.
    If in doubt go to your doctors.
    I was in a minor car accident some time ago. As my company had a nurse (Lucent) we went to see her and she told me to keep moving my neck to prevent the formation of scar tissue.

They might be able to give you some really useful advice like that to stop you having long term problems in future.
    Don't think your wasting their time, quite the opposite.
    It could save you long term problems.

Women might be bad car drivers but men are crap at going to the doctors

6. Re: They just dont look!! 
    ONFIRE
    GWS Jack

You might want to give this company a call,

Richie11(Fletchers Solicitors) from TM gave me some good advice [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Company dedicated to Motorcyclist claims 8-)http://www.fletcherssolicitors.co.uk/

7. Re: They just dont look!! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONFIRE
    You might want to give this company a call,
    I might have read this wrong, but MIB is for claims where the driver is untraceable or uninsured.
    All insurers (and hence insured motorists) contribute to the costs for providing this.

I'm therefore assuming that Jck didn't get the numberplate as he was dealing with the kerb and coming off (quite understandable).

If my assumption is correct then a solicitor won't be of any use as there is no-one to go-after.
    If the other motorist is unknown then you either have to claim off your fully comp insurance, or use MIB (if applicable) or pay for it yourself.
    A solicitor can go after 3rd parties but they can't do anything if you don't know who the 3rd party is.

MIB only pays out in some situations and I believe the excess is £300 but the link will give further details.

8. Re: They just dont look!! 
    Platinum Member
    Glad to hear your ok mate, shame about the bike, but at least your ok.

MIB - I thought this stood for Men In Black??? lol

9. Re: They just dont look!! 
    Platinum Member
    Glad you're ok mate! Shame about the bike damage.What can I say about yet another plonker motorisit showing total disregard for fellow road users!

10. Re: They just dont look!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_Star
    Jack - PM me the details of what happened and I will speak to someone at work for you and see if i can help [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Yeh will do,,ty [smiley=thumbsup.gif]