Notices

Thread: They just dont look!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: They just dont look!! 
    I might have only been on the road a couple of months but i've had quite a few people cut me up on round abouts and even in straight lines but never had a problem like that, hope you get better soon.

Rob

2. Re: They just dont look!! 
    Salisbury has quite comprehensive cctv coverage you may wish to make enquiries with the local authority and/or police if they hold footage that may allow you to identify the vehicle owner. If you have not done so, reporting the incident to the police would be a wise move; a very slim chance the driver's conscience got the better of him/her and reported the incident themselves.

3. Re: They just dont look!! 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    [quote author=ONFIRE link=1245589955/15#15 date=1245660063]
    You might want to give this company a call,
    I might have read this wrong, but MIB is for claims where the driver is untraceable or uninsured.
    All insurers (and hence insured motorists) contribute to the costs for providing this.

I'm therefore assuming that Jck didn't get the numberplate as he was dealing with the kerb and coming off (quite understandable).

If my assumption is correct then a solicitor won't be of any use as there is no-one to go-after.
    If the other motorist is unknown then you either have to claim off your fully comp insurance, or use MIB (if applicable) or pay for it yourself.
    A solicitor can go after 3rd parties but they can't do anything if you don't know who the 3rd party is.

MIB only pays out in some situations and I believe the excess is £300 but the link will give further details.
    [/quote]

Like said they all dedicated to motorcyclist and may be able to give some good advice 8-)

4. Re: They just dont look!! 
    Platinum Member
    Salisbury has quite comprehensive cctv coverage you may wish to make enquiries with the local authority and/or police if they hold footage that may allow you to identify the vehicle owner. If you have not done so, reporting the incident to the police would be a wise move; a very slim chance the driver's conscience got the better of him/her and reported the incident themselves.

Jack this is worth a try

5. Re: They just dont look!! 
    yeh been in tuch with local plod,,gota fill some paprwork out and send it off,,also gota go Doc's for a report then ring the claims dep back on Monday,,,
    There are 2 new posts since your last visit. (You have read 3 of these posts.)

6. Re: They just dont look!! 
    Jack that's BAD, u sure he didn't pick you out specially? Maybe someone whose been on the end of some of your jibes :

Sorry to hear bout the incident but very glad you're alright....ish hope you get what ur owed. (compensation) ;D

7. Re: They just dont look!! 
    Sorry to hear about your off but glad you were not too seriously hurt.

Some car drivers don't have a clue, I had one cut me up on Sunday last week on the route out of Newbury.

kj

8. Re: They just dont look!! 
    Sorry to read about the spill Jack , Ducatista is right, take care of you now & don't suffer in the long term.

It must be an man ego thing not to seek help or get it initially but not follow it through to the end (my shoulder still gives me hassle after 12 years & I can't fix it up now :'()

9. Re: They just dont look!! 
    Sorry to hear abuot that Jack

I work for a solicitor, as long as you have a Legal Expenses Insurance (LEI) they will help you with your claim and they will pursue it through the MIB if the driver is untraced.
    One of the conditions is that you must have reported the accident to the Police so make sure that you do and that you get the incident number and details of who you reported it to etc...
    If you don't have a LEI, you can get an "after-the-event" policy which will cover the legal costs of your claim - PM me if you want more info on this, my firm should be able to help you, although Fletchers should be able to help you just as well. Or they might do the work on a CFA basis - it's a Conditional Fee Agreement, which basically says that if you recover, they will charge their fee and recover it from the opponents (the MIB in your case) and if you lose, they won't charge anything - also called a "no win no fee" agreement.

The MIB used to have an excess of £300 for damage other than Personal Injury so they would deduct £300 from your claim when they pay out but rumour is that they no longer apply the XS so you might be lucky on this!

Anyway, if you want more information please send me a PM and we can discuss it!

10. Re: They just dont look!! 
    cheers will do WF
    There are 2 new posts since your last visit. (You have read 3 of these posts.)