Notices

Thread: Track tuition.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Track tuition. 
    Quote Originally Posted by gedmib
    when u gonna get nico on ere mark?
    Have tried mate, but he's a bit of a techophobe. I'll keep trying... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: Track tuition. 
    Quote Originally Posted by schwee
    Nice business proposition, but is there really money to be made in this type of business? Depending what track you go to, to fill it you'd be looking at around 50 riders per group (normally 3 groups) before braking even with the cost to hire it.

I think a lot of ordinary track day organisers go out of business as they struggle to fill places. And we all know the cost of trackdays has crept up over the last few years.

Most TDO's offer 1 session 1:1 instruction already, which is usually enough to give people something to work on for the rest of the day.

There have been companies in the past that have tried running an all female track day (most recently No Limits in partnership with GirlsBike2) and even they struggled to get women to sign up.

The novice group on a normal trackday should suffice for the type of people you describe your proposition as appealing to, and if it still scares people, then maybe they are not ready for the track?

I'm not knocking your plans before they've even started, but I would be interested to hear more. Maybe you could go into partnership with a TDO and offer this service at one of their track days to see how it goes. I know Hottrax already do something similar though in the form of their Superbike School

Good luck [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    I appreciate your comments. The reason I was putting out feelers was because I'd had so many people that I've trained that had shown a strong interest. Once you give someone a little knowledge, they're keen to learn more. Unless there was a BIG interest it wouldn't be worth our while, as you say. It's a shame, as the best and safest way to develop your handling skills, is on the track. If there is enough interest, we'll look into it. If not, we may well try linking up with established track day organisers. Either way, you will all be first to hear.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

3. Re: Track tuition. 
    Diamond Member
    To be honest I would like to do this but I dont want to use my bike in case I trash it, so this is why I have held off, and the training sites that let you use there bikes is well expensive, so to be honest I think I will carry on riding on the road and learn from my cock ups....

4. Re: Track tuition. 
    same as above..I'd love to do it but don't want to risk trashing the bike!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: Track tuition. 
    Platinum Member
    I’m with igbell on this too, this is my only form of transport

6. Re: Track tuition. 
    Interesting line of thought from the last three postees - who says that you're more likely to crash your bike just because you're on track? You control the throttle and as long as you don't get carried away and remember the advice that you've been given, you'll be fine. Once you've dipped a toe in the water you'll be wondering why you hadn't done it years earlier, believe me.
    Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, have a go... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

7. Re: Track tuition. 
    Platinum Member
    For those of you that are worried about using your own bikes then I'd suggest the Buell track days where you use their bikes for £99.
    Considering the tyre wear and the lack of risk then this is a bargain.
    I can't remember the excess, I think it was £600.

http://www.buellperformanceacademy.c...p?idCategory=4

I rode both the 1125s at castle coombe, but I think these are at Mallory Park which is about 85 miles if you don't get lost.

8. Re: Track tuition. 
    As said, there should be no reason to bin it on your bike, as long as you ride within your limits.

We're looking into Llandow circuit, as they allow small groups at a cheap rate. Groups as small as 12 are acceptable. We'll keep you posted... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

9. Re: Track tuition. 
    £600 excess

If you really want to hire a bike, I'd suggest using Paul Russo....depending on who the TDO is of course.

http://www.prtrackbikehire.com/

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

10. Re: Track tuition. 
    Diamond Member
    Would love to do more track days but not on my bike