Notices

Thread: Track tuition.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Track tuition. 
    Folks, I'm just gauging reaction to the idea of track days for novices, with instructor tuition? We've passed the idea around for a while now, and thought it might be a good idea. It would also give nervous track day beginners a way of starting on the track without being too intimidated. The idea would be to teach all those important riding techniques that are just as important when riding on the road. If we could get a deal with a track which allowed us use of a classroom, it be of real benefit to some. Let us know if anyone is genuinely interested (need to know numbers). Cheers, Mark.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: Track tuition. 
    yup sounds like a plan

3. Re: Track tuition. 
    Quote Originally Posted by gedmib
    yup sounds like a plan
    Well mate, you can see from other threads, there are folks that want the knowledge...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

4. Re: Track tuition. 
    when u gonna get nico on ere mark?

5. Re: Track tuition. 
    Chatterbox
    I'm interested in this
    Everything else is shyte

6. Re: Track tuition. 
    Stupid question but I don't know, Can L plates go on tracks? Or are they not fast enough??

7. Re: Track tuition. 
    I would highly recommend the Avon & Somerset 'Rider Performance' course, they are held about twice a year

I passed my test in December and did the course last May, it is held at Castle Combe and they give you theory, practice on a small area of the track then at braking, cornering etc. then you get in some track time, mostly with the guidance of a highly qualified rider, then there is some time on your own if you are happy at that stage.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: Track tuition. 
    Nice business proposition, but is there really money to be made in this type of business? Depending what track you go to, to fill it you'd be looking at around 50 riders per group (normally 3 groups) before braking even with the cost to hire it.

I think a lot of ordinary track day organisers go out of business as they struggle to fill places. And we all know the cost of trackdays has crept up over the last few years.

Most TDO's offer 1 session 1:1 instruction already, which is usually enough to give people something to work on for the rest of the day.

There have been companies in the past that have tried running an all female track day (most recently No Limits in partnership with GirlsBike2) and even they struggled to get women to sign up.

The novice group on a normal trackday should suffice for the type of people you describe your proposition as appealing to, and if it still scares people, then maybe they are not ready for the track?

I'm not knocking your plans before they've even started, but I would be interested to hear more. Maybe you could go into partnership with a TDO and offer this service at one of their track days to see how it goes. I know Hottrax already do something similar though in the form of their Superbike School

Good luck [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

9. Re: Track tuition. 
    One more thing that came to mind after I'd posted, are you talking about rider improvement for road riders, or actual track day training for track day riders?

A good road rider isn't always brilliant on track and vice versa

10. Re: Track tuition. 
    When my son did his first track day,he was very nervous,Mark came with us gave my son a track walk,a radio and went out with him in every session.After 3 sessions my son was alot more confident was hitting apexs smooth gear changes.I would reccomend it to any newbie to track riding.