Notices

Thread: need advice ASAP.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    Diamond Member
    Well said Scoty and Amante.....
    I have to listen to enough people being pulled out of cars and out of hedges due to bikers being silly from my wife as it is, so can we all be a little more sensible with how we ride and how we keep our bikes.....
    and seams to be that the warm weather has brought the summer riders out and they have forgot to ride and also have not looked after there bikes over the winter so they jump on and crash them......please STOP IT!!!!!!

2. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    Platinum Member
    after reading all your post's and thinking about what you are all saying, i will eventualy be selling the bike with NEW tyers and all work done on it so it is safe for the next person who wants to take her on. i am getting a car next month for work reasons. but i am going to get a 400 or 550 something along them lines for nice dry weather so i can still come olong to meets and some rideouts. i must say i do know very little about bikes but i do enjoy riding so with a smaller bike i am just going to take it easy, get my cornering sorted and just enjoy being a biker more safely. im sure lots of you will take the piss but hay ho thats life.

3. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    Platinum Member
    If your selling and on a budget don't forget you could always save money and get some pre scrubbed tyres - big saving esp when selling!

Fook what anyone says ref size of engine as long as you enjoy riding thats all that matters (and its safe and legal!) I have cbr400's and have some of the best fun on them....when running lol If not I know of a SV650n for sale only a grand! I deal bike for building your skills [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    Diamond Member
    As Stu says dont worry about the size and what peeps say, as long as you have a legal bike and enjoy it...

5. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    Steve

I'm not going to say anything else..think the guys and girls had said it all mate!

can't believe you didn;t notice though chick. oops

6. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    I think it's a quote from a Dirty Harry film: "A man's got to know his limitations"
    Well done to Steve for facing up to the reality of things and looking to get stuff into perspective. It's not easy to admit that you are wrong and big ups for doing it in public. You'll be able to get all the help and support you need from people on here. First one is Stu pointing out that part-worn tyres will be a fraction of the cost of new ones - ask around, check the ads, look for breakers, post an ad on here in the Wanted section...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

7. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    Platinum Member
    cool,thanks guys. stu will let you know but may wnt smaller than 650. thanks for the offer. depends what i get for mine. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    Platinum Member
    Steve when times are hard I have bought part used tyres from Bike treads in Swindon

9. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo
    cool,thanks guys. stu will let you know but may wnt smaller than 650. thanks for the offer. depends what i get for mine. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    SV 650's are a doddle to ride ideal for beginner/ inexperianced as V twin is forgiving - easy handling and also cheap on insurance [smiley=thumbsup.gif] but as I need the space very soon it will be going on ebay shortly

10. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    [quote author=bladep102 link=1250504033/0#14 date=1250521482]do they have english classes at collage
    What kind of collage would that be Blade, fabric? paper? Would it be a nice picture or an abstract? ;D ;D ;D If taking the piss, don't leave yourself wide open to it in return... 8-)

As for you Steve, sounds like you need a good talking to - for a start your tyre has gone way beyond the legal limit - you're obviously unaware of the limit, but if the tread gets as far as the wear indicators then the tyre is toast, let alone beyond them and right through to the fabric. You're always pleading poverty on here and it's pretty obvious that you can't afford to run the bike if you can't keep it remotely safe or legal - and we're not talking loud pipe or small plate-type illegal here, that tyre is dangerously illegal. Be honest with yourself, sell it and get something smaller and cheaper to run, that doesn't intimidate you and that you can learn to ride on. Please, for your sake, and for Kez and the kids. We get enough posts about fatalities on here, we don't want one about you.[/quote]

I think the 'collage' remark was in reference to steve's post just before blade's.

Back to the matter in hand, Steve...you know what you have to do. Don't be shy in asking for any help on here when it comes to finding bikes/tyres etc. I think amongst us we have plenty of contacts in the industry...some more than others so just pipe up whenever you need something.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.