Notices

Thread: need advice ASAP.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. need advice ASAP. 
    Platinum Member
    I just got to collage and noticed that my back tyer is falling apart, the white stuff is showing thro the rubber in the very center of the tyer. i have a ten min ride home, will it be ok just to get me home? i have no idea and dnt wana expirence a blow out if i dnt have to. any advice plzzzz

2. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    How on earth did you manage to let your tyre get in this state in the first place???

What bike do you ride?

When you say the white stuff do you mean the cord/fibres are showing?? If this is the case then I would definitely NOT ride it. That's shocking!

3. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    Platinum Member
    Do you have a recovery policy?
    Personally I wouldn't ride it in that state.
    Can you lock it up and walk home until you can get it sorted?

4. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    Platinum Member
    its a gsxr750, thats what i ment yeah the fibrres, i new i needed new tyers but thought it would last bit longer, i dnt have savings so i cnt just go out and buy a set of tyers like most people mate.

no cnt lock it and leave it and no dnt have recovery and even if i did cnt phone them coz my phone cut off, god sake, it can only get worse lol

5. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    Maybe it's time to get a pushbike?

Owning a vehicle of any description is never cheap. You always have to budget for tyres, servicing, tax, insurance etc

I guess if you plodded home at 10-20mph then you may be ok but get pulled over by the police (attracting attention to yourself doing that speed) then you are looking at points and a fine and even worse, a prohibition on your bike.

It's your shout at the end of the day.

6. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    Platinum Member
    thanks for all your help,+ the sarcasum lol

will sort something out.

thanks schwee

7. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    Platinum Member
    I really don't think you should ride it like it is.
    If it was a car, then I might take a chance for a short distance, but not on two wheels.

Do you have a mate with the car?
    Could you push the bike to the nearest house and ask a neighbour to look after it, whilst you take the wheels off to get them fixed?

8. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    Platinum Member
    dnt know anyone around where i live coz only been here few months hun. my fiancee has a car but she is sailsbury today i think. i will prob just try and ride it home or push it some of the way . it be cool

9. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    I wouldn't risk riding it if the fibres are showing...if it blows and you end up going down the road it'll be a LOT more expensive than just a new tyre. time to push it home I think....not worth the risk to your life, the bike, your driving license, insurance etc...
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

10. Re: need advice ASAP. 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry to say I wouldnt ride it like that.....that is asking for trouble in either the way of a blow out or the cops pulling you over and giving either a ticket/fine...

If it has got to this point I would say you have been riding on the limit for a while.....I watch out doing that sir...