Thread: Bikesafe 2009 Dates

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Re: Bikesafe 2009 Dates 
    June 7th for me.

2. Re: Bikesafe 2009 Dates 
    Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Trist
    [quote author=kev link=1229359842/15#17 date=1241978914]What a good day,
    A very warm welcome, lots of straight-forward sensible advice. an invaluable appraised ride of 40 ish miles, we had the pleasure of the MET police today.
    Very glad i attended
    A big thanks to all involved

8-)
    ENcouraging news, I'm booked for the next one in July.

I'm a bit worried they'll pick up on my 7x5 number plate but hopefully they're not out to fine/pull you on Bikesafe :-?[/quote]

Not at all,
    the function of the course, as the title suggests, is A&E and coffin avoidance and the many things you can do to avoid them.
    Re your plate, if you turned up like a complete tw*t, bald tyres, shorts etc, they mightn't be too impressed. i doubt they'd mention your plate, but that isn't really why they are there.
    its a good day, enjoy
    8-)
    Everything else is shyte

3. Re: Bikesafe 2009 Dates 
    Quote Originally Posted by kev
    [quote author=Trist link=1229359842/15#18 date=1242394795][quote author=kev link=1229359842/15#17 date=1241978914]What a good day,
    A very warm welcome, lots of straight-forward sensible advice. an invaluable appraised ride of 40 ish miles, we had the pleasure of the MET police today.
    Very glad i attended
    A big thanks to all involved

8-)
    ENcouraging news, I'm booked for the next one in July.

I'm a bit worried they'll pick up on my 7x5 number plate but hopefully they're not out to fine/pull you on Bikesafe :-?[/quote]

Not at all,
    the function of the course, as the title suggests, is A&E and coffin avoidance and the many things you can do to avoid them.
    Re your plate, if you turned up like a complete tw*t, bald tyres, shorts etc, they mightn't be too impressed. i doubt they'd mention your plate, but that isn't really why they are there.
    its a good day, enjoy
    8-)
    [/quote]
    Thanks very much [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: Bikesafe 2009 Dates 
    Went on this on Sunday. What a great day, very relaxed, good presentations, enjoyed the assessed ride with the police. Thanks again to Colin and his team. p.s loved the coffee and cookies too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. Re: Bikesafe 2009 Dates 
    Yeah should be a good day. im booked in for August. does any know how many people go?

6. Re: Bikesafe 2009 Dates 
    I'm on the August day too. No idea how many places there are for each day though.

7. Re: Bikesafe 2009 Dates 
    Diamond Member
    Tried to get on the August one Lurkalot after we met at Amesbury, but it's full !
    I'm on the September one now, but asked him to call me if there was a cancelation.

Cheers
    Gerry

8. Re: Bikesafe 2009 Dates 
    Platinum Member
    I think it's around 20, but might depends on how many volunteer police riders they can get for the day.

9. Re: Bikesafe 2009 Dates 
    Platinum Member
    ...went on this last year.A great day with great input from the police followed by a practical assesement later. Don't forget to take your documents as you cannot be assesed without them!

10. Re: Bikesafe 2009 Dates 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry
    Tried to get on the August one Lurkalot after we met at Amesbury, but it's full !
    I'm on the September one now, but asked him to call me if there was a cancelation.

Cheers
    Gerry
    That's a shame - seems there are plenty of us newbies around though so I'm sure you won't be alone [smiley=thumbsup.gif]