Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
Can you elaborate on "instantly crash" at all? I've crashed travelling in excess of 70mph a number of times on road and racetrack and as far as I can tell I'm still alive. Sure, if one hits an immovable object such as a tree, truck, or a wall at 30mph then the likelihood of surviving isn't great, but riding bikes and staying alive is all about managing risks. Weigh up the potential consequences and act accordingly.

Instantly = stop dead...I.e. something stops you travelling further...this could be a solid object if on a bike or a seatbelt in a car.

There’s big a difference between "managing risks" and taking "unnecessary risks"...I believe this instance of 166 falls into the latter.

I like the fact you've had so many "crashes" that you can base you views on, but I expect in most if not all of them you were able to reduce your speed before you came off...chances are that's the only reason your "still alive"

End of the day...something many bikers don't get is....

It's not worth dying for!

Going back to the original Q of the sentence given, like I said it's within the guidelines so fair cop IMO.