You mentioned drink driving...

That instantly carries a minimum 1 year ban and jail time(normally)...but for them it gets worse. (Normally most judges hand out a 2-3 year ban and 3-6 months in the cell unless dangerous driving is also chucked into the mix)

The drink driving ban you receive would stay on your licence for 11 years I believe it is...and virtually no-one will insure you unless you've got a very deep pocket...also with that on there you'd be amazed how many people won't give you a job either!

I personally don't know the road myself it could be dead straight for miles...but like Beemerman says your not the only one on it and you have no control over other road users + other variables like wildlife/road condition/weather etc.

On a final note, I almost died this year doing a 1/3 of that speed avoiding what I believed to be someone putting me at risk...several good friends of mine almost witnessed my death...there's a fine line on a bike between being safe and in control and being in a whole world of ****...if your doing 166 and someone/something else is about to cause injury to yourself what chance would you have to get out of it alive?

PS: If you instantly crash at 70mph or more you would instantly die from internal organ damage as you stop but they all keep accelerating towards the front of your body and get in effect liquidised...Worth keeping in mind next time you decide to nail it up a piece of road.

PPS: That pic Ducatista posted was of a car that without looking just pulled out into the road I believe just as the bike was about to cross their path...I don't know what speed he/she was doing (looks like a VFR400 they are good for 120 ish), but they had no chance at all and found the rider INSIDE the car with the driver and a passenger I believe.