Notices

Thread: HONDA TRANSALP XL 650V6 - comments please!

1. HONDA TRANSALP XL 650V6 - comments please! 
    Hi All

I am about to go and look at a 2007 Transalp as a first bike - i know that they are not the fastest raciest bike, but they seem to be dependable and fairly solid. I would like to do some touring and obviously want to overtake and stop safely.

I have read several reviews but any of your coments or experience would be appreciated thanks - Sulman

2. Re: HONDA TRANSALP XL 650V6 - comments please! 
    No one can say what is the perfect bike for you. Only you will know. I have a SV650 a good all rounder, but a transalp would be better for touring. I would try as many bikes as you can. Best of luck! I am sure you will have lots of fun.

3. Re: HONDA TRANSALP XL 650V6 - comments please! 
    Thanks Karlos - I am sure I will too

4. Re: HONDA TRANSALP XL 650V6 - comments please! 
    Platinum Member
    Dont just go for the first bike you see, like karlos says try out other bikes until you have a better idea of what you want

5. Re: HONDA TRANSALP XL 650V6 - comments please! 
    Diamond Member
    I must say that the Transalp is a very good bike my mate she has one and loves it, even so she has had two cos she loved it so much.

6. Re: HONDA TRANSALP XL 650V6 - comments please! 
    Nice bike Mark. Comfortable, easy to ride, and great for touring. But as you say, it ain't no rocket ship... :
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

7. Re: HONDA TRANSALP XL 650V6 - comments please! 
    Try and get to the NEC bike show and try as many bikes as you can for size. Make a list of what you think suits you, read the reviews and test ride the one's shortlisted.
    I'm 6'5" and about 300lb and with a pillion I would have exceeded a lot of the maximun load limits.
    I have looked at a lot of bikes over the years and have discounted a fair few for being either to small, to uncomfortable or just damn right ugly when you see them in the flesh.