Notices

Thread: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Ermmmmmmm.......................................

Dabz is it too late to change my role to year book editor?
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

2. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swarwick
    Ermmmmmmm.......................................

Dabz is it too late to change my role to year book editor?

3. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Does anyone know what the number is to inform the police? I think everyone in the country should inform the police of rideouts and routes on a certain day. I think the whole system would break down, no other person would be able to get through. It would prove this is another stupid law in this country which is strangling itself in red tape.

4. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    all the more reason to keep our rides under control
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Diamond Member
    How can they prove your the lead bike? Or rding as a group. Here's a couple of situations

Riding as a large group, you get split up due to traffic & lights..etc then the lead bike may be part of a smaller group in the larger group.

Riding on your own & another bike follows you for a period of time then how can they prove your riding as a group.

Group of riders pass a solo rider & the solo rider gets caught speeding, again how can they prove he/she is part of that group.

Car divers (Boy racers) they ride in groups are they going to do the same to them (I think not) they have to prove it

6. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    I can't see a problem, if everyone rides within the speed limit during rideouts no one is going to get caught speeding. I personally think there's a time and place for going over the speed limit and it's not on a rideout. I think we all appreciate Hunar very much for organising our rides and we shouldn't put him in jeopardy, or any one else who is good enough to organise a ride.
    It's all about the ride!

7. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Platinum Member
    Guess you didn't read the other bit I posted where it was obvious they were a group and that they were all awared the same but lead rider took it upon himself to argue the case and increased punishment :

So you never speed then Bonnielass or do something you shouldn't - you angel! As your the only one I know!

Maybe it'll make rideout organisers think a bit more when they dissapear off at just over the speed limit that the people behind are having to go faster to keep as a 'group' for a group rideout - not everyone for themselves I'll see you at the junction to tur or when we get there

Since I changed to supermotos I have seen a different attitude to rideing in groups (and not meant negative in any way to how they are run) but they are always close by, can see each other and know what each other are doing - never need to use marker system as are close enough to see [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Diamond Member
    Guess you didn't read the other bit I posted where it was obvious they were a group and that they were all awared the same but lead rider took it upon himself to argue the case and increased punishment

I did read it, :-? but if a solo rider gets caught up in a group & decides to speed then how can they prove he is part of that group. Or is it guilty by association?

9. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Frankly, you must be doing somthing seriously wrong in the first place to attract police attention. I have been on countless rideouts and never even turned the head of a copper.

The only time one has ever taken any interest was when a guy on a Ninga (I think) threw himself at the scenery in Devon and we got caught up in the resulting traffic jam. The copper asked our lead where we were going and told us to take it steady as the roads were very slippery.

I have also been on rides where the people in front are not the lead. They have gone for a blast and left the group behind... how do you see that one? You can't unless you treat each rider as an individual.

The short is that I think the real risk is minimal. As long as the group is sensible and don't ride like muppets then all will be ok. If there is a muppet element then the lead should call the ride off. It comes down to trusting the people you are with to respect others.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    but if a solo rider gets caught up in a group & decides to speed then how can they prove he is part of that group. Or is it guilty by association?
    I don't know I'm neither a magistrate or police officer - but there will be ways to prove it - take the case of the guy who died last year part of the T W A T group - tha was proven by cctv (did help with the hi-vis jackets too!) Also by club stickers, arm bands etc etc

Also how often are rideouts posted on forums then piccys to follow etc - the police aren't dumb and anyway if you and your are not doing anything wrong you've nothing to worry about!

As you said you read it but happened to miss the key points regarding why charged as a group - just as a reminder.......

Video evidence was very clear of all 3 bikes involved.

We had also been followed for several miles and was very clear we were together as a group.

we ALL did comitt the same offence.

Now I'm bored of this and if anyone gets caught and know they've been doing whatever either accept the punishment or get a good solicitor and could possibly cost you more