Notices

Thread: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Platinum Member

2. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Wow.....
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

3. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Ye Gods! I was at the front of about 40 or so on the Five horses - does that make me responsible for everyone ? They could be a mile or more behind!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

4. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie
    Ye Gods! I was at the front of about 40 or so on the Five horses - does that make me responsible for everyone ? They could be a mile or more behind!

BB
    Yeap - Did you not know this already. It gets worse. See below

1. Any large group (I cannot remember the exact amount) of riders going on an organised run is supposed to inform the police about the rideout.

We at the aircooled RD club get around this by informing everyone that they are riding alone. The fact that we (130 bikes) all follow the same route and travel at the same time is just a pure coincidence....

2. A more worrying thing to worry about is the accident liability of any lead rider of a group wotever the size. I saw a recent BMF article written by a top policeman.

Apparently the person that regularly gets hurt in group rides is the tail end charlie. He is normally a bit less experianced and is under pressure to keep up. This may well result in the lead rider being prosecuted for failure to look after the riders behind him. Also the lead rider may face one of those "injury" blame claims from the injured party

5. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Platinum Member
    We all know reason behind this it’s just another way of getting more bikers off the road as we are bad for government statistics. Our free(ish) country has less freedoms than we believe.

SupeRDel wrote
    1. Any large group (I cannot remember the exact amount) of riders going on an organised run is supposed to inform the police about the rideout.
    And when you phone the police to tell them they are not the least bit interested, I stopped telling them about MAG ride outs years ago as they made you feel like you were wasting there time.

6. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Did not say that they would be interested - just said that you were supposed too

7. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Platinum Member
    I had to advise them of the route, times etc for the gixerjunkies - prob so they could get thier cameras out ready.......not my fault we decided to alter the route and timings last minute

8. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    I've seen this discussed elsewhere.

One idea was to deny that you were actually part of a group of riders.
    I mean, would they prosecute the motorist at the head of a line of cars?

9. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Platinum Member
    I've seen a post from one of the other riders! Not as unfair as it seems so could be safer!

One of the lads involved just added this to the original thread...

Being one of the trio involved, all is not as clear as made out. Video evidence was very clear of all 3 bikes involved. I feel ken did not help himself in any way by taunting the police rider on various websites as he was only doing his job. We had also been followed for several miles and was very clear we were together as a group. The whole situation felt a bit dirty as it was an unmarked police r1 but we all commited the speeding offence, I would like to know what tree he picked the 85mph out of, as i and the other riders know we ALL did comitt the same offence. Myself pleaded guilty to the offence even thou i was rider number 2 because i knew i had broke the law and it is cheaper and easier to throw your hands up and say yes i did it! I received the same penalty points as Ken but my fine was sub £300 pounds and no solicitor fees. All without personal inconvience.

10. Re: Increased penalties for Rideout leaders! 
    Diamond Member
    What a bunch of monkeys, I tell you what is this free world coming too???