Notices

Thread: Exhaust recommendations please

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Exhaust recommendations please 
    I would say Akrapovic if you can afford. Scorpion british made and work very well at a fair price. Arrow (Italian) some of the early ones were filmsy, slightly cheaper than Akrapovics. Yoshimura# over priced, road models are heavy and crude in construction compared to top end stuff. Carbon Can Company, Uk made, cheap but very loud. Remus, Austrian, fair price, good build quality.

In Summary I would really only consider 1st Akropovic, 2nd Scorpion, 3rd jointly Arrow and Remus in that order [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Note: # Yoshimura proper works/racing systems are brilliant things but these cost scary money! :'(

2. Re: Exhaust recommendations please 
    Quote Originally Posted by noisy_lightning
    [quote author=Davey link=1263575617/0#5 date=1263592824]What year R6 is it? The exhaust depends on what you want from it - some are looks, some are sound and others are a waste of money
    Its a 2007 model if my memory serves me correct from when she sent me some photos.

A nice carbon one will look sweet and go well with the black colour scheme Kirsty, as for recommendations I will leave those to people who know more than I do.[/quote]

thanks for the recommendations guys..I will look into it and do a bit of research now I know what to look for...well that and pick a few brains along the way.

All I know is I want something that is not too noisy but sounds sweet. Has to go with the bike too. I don't want to be pulled over every 5 minutes cos I am making too much flipping noise >

roxy

3. Re: Exhaust recommendations please 
    Quote Originally Posted by ONFIRE
    [quote author=Davey link=1263575617/0#5 date=1263592824]What year R6 is it? The exhaust depends on what you want from it - some are looks, some are sound and others are a waste of money

Scorpion are generally good choice they look & sound great but the bike will run tad rich hardly noticeable a pc would sort that out.

IMHO .. Money would be well spent on Motorcycle Training [smiley=thumbsup.gif][/quote]

is that a dig?

4. Re: Exhaust recommendations please 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roxychick
    [quote author=ONFIRE link=1263575617/0#8 date=1263664983][quote author=Davey link=1263575617/0#5 date=1263592824]What year R6 is it? The exhaust depends on what you want from it - some are looks, some are sound and others are a waste of money

Scorpion are generally good choice they look & sound great but the bike will run tad rich hardly noticeable a pc would sort that out.

IMHO .. Money would be well spent on Motorcycle Training [smiley=thumbsup.gif][/quote]

is that a dig?[/quote]

Not from me and doubt it from Tim - I see too many people spending to make a bike perform bettr/ look pretty/ make noise and such like - but could always look at training and improvement first - I've yet to meet a rider that doesn't need to practice/ learn and improve - also been fortunate to meet some of the best riders in the world like Rossi, Biaggi, Byrne, Haga and many more [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

But back to your question if you want it to look pretty only you know what you think is pretty sod anyone else's thoughts! If its for noise - racefit, akro, yoshi. If its for performance.....forget it see previous notes its not required as sure you won't notice the 2hp difference (if that much!) and if you want performace can think of other improvements that are cheaper

5. Re: Exhaust recommendations please 
    I am not some crazy lunatic who constantly rides around by the seat of my pants at ridiculous speeds. I still class myself as a newbie, I will always be learning, practicing and improving my skills but thats not the issue here..all I asked for was some advice on which exhausts are better because the one that is on the bike is horrid IMO...not whether I should spend my money on motorcycle training.

Surely there is nothing wrong with me wanting my bike to look pretty?? after all I paid for it therefore I want it to look nice...it's all personal preference. It's my money and if I chose to spend it on a new exhaust I will but thanks for the advice.

roxy

6. Re: Exhaust recommendations please 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by roxychick
    [quote author=ONFIRE link=1263575617/0#8 date=1263664983][quote author=Davey link=1263575617/0#5 date=1263592824]What year R6 is it? The exhaust depends on what you want from it - some are looks, some are sound and others are a waste of money

is that a dig?[/quote]

Like Stu said 'Certainly not' I am too nice for that :-*

Just friendly advice... One can never have enough motorcycle training! It might Dig anyone out of a corner one day for sure.

Back to subject of Cans I should know I have been there before.. they sound great & look good but like said from experience mess up your fueling bikes starts to feel glitchy then you end up buying a pc then extra expense of a Dyno... where does it end certainly will not make you any quicker or safer on the road.

IMHO like said I would recommend a day at the track preferably with an instructor whether its with CSSB or Hottrax SBS e.tc. And I can thank a certain x WB for this(think its called listen to Words of Wisdom) Go the T -shirt now and I am thankful for it 8-)

Anyway get some pic's post of the 6 Rox [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: Exhaust recommendations please 
    Diamond Member
    Try this link Roxy.

R6 Forum, this thread says they have 40 sound clips of different exhausts on R6's (though not tried it myself yet).

http://www.r6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152

Just a thought...

G

8. Re: Exhaust recommendations please 
    ONFIRE
    Some ideas on Blinging up the R6 if you ike that sort of thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtPxyQdV7gE

9. Re: Exhaust recommendations please 
    Quote Originally Posted by ONFIRE
    Some ideas on Blinging up the R6 if you ike that sort of thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtPxyQdV7gE

I actually watched that only two days ago, I have to say it does look damn good!

10. Re: Exhaust recommendations please 
    ONFIRE
    Yeah stumbled across this a while ago myself the...
    Laser - X-treme Exhaust GP Style slip-on looks okay. But tad pricey at 240 notes or so.