Notices

Thread: Need Tyre Advice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Need Tyre Advice! 
    My 07 ninja has Battlax BT015R's fitted both front and back as standard. The rear needs changing and I can get hold of a rear Battlax BT014R on the cheap. Might sound stupid but can you fit a different rear to what you have fitted at the front? Will it make any difference? I think the 015 replaced the 014 anyway?????
    A guy at the tyre place got me thinking because he said they have to have the same compound rating? The tyres on my bike are "J" but I have no idea about the 014?
    Any advice would be grateful. :-/

2. Re: Need Tyre Advice! 
    go for the BT016 as a replacement rather than an 014.

I can vouch for the 016 easily good enough for trackdays and road riding and they have the same tread pattern as the 015 so will match ur front.

Personally I wouldn't mix 014 and 015 as I didn't rate the 014 to be that good.

What kind of rider are you, fast road, trackday, commuter??

3. Re: Need Tyre Advice! 
    I'm a fair weather road rider. I don't do track days and only use my bike as a toy in the nice weather days.
    I've purchased the 014 as the auction was ending on Ebay. Got it for a good price my only concern is if I need to buy a front to go with it???? Or can I stick it on with the 015 front that's on there as there is still plenty of tread on the front.
    I would of gone for the 016's if I wasn't getting the 014 rear for half the normal price.

4. Re: Need Tyre Advice! 
    your not supposed to mix differant treads/tyres with each other as the tyres are supposed to work together and heat up the same. mixing differant treads won't effect it to much but its advisory not to.

5. Re: Need Tyre Advice! 
    I mixed Bridgestone 010 and 020 tyres for years with no problems. It will probably make little difference to you.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Need Tyre Advice! 
    well most people would say don't don't do it but I know a few that mix tyres with no issues.

If you are not really riding the bike in any anger then I think you would be fine Tbh. The 014 wasn't a bad tyre in any case and it was the out of the showroom tyre for many sportsbikes.

7. Re: Need Tyre Advice! 
    Cheers for all the advice. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: Need Tyre Advice! 
    out of interest how old is the tyre? There will be a date on the tyre wall and I think they have a 7 year lifespan

9. Re: Need Tyre Advice! 
    I would stick with the Bridgestones whichever model you go for.
    I changed my Bridgestone battle axes for Pirelli Diablo Stradas. The Bridgestones were far better tyres.

10. Re: Need Tyre Advice! 
    Have had a good look and can't see no date stamp? Tyre is bran spankers and looks good to me? : What's the worse that could happen? :-/