Notices

Thread: My baby failed :'(

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: My baby failed :'( 
    Cool, thanks.

Hey guys,

I was just looking at my sprocket and its freaking shiny on the teeth.
    I would agree that the chains real slack but the only problem with the sprocket is that some of the teeth are chipped a tad.

Ima go take some pictures.
    Be right back.

2. Re: My baby failed :'( 
    Here's some pictures.

First ones just to show you that to me, they arn't that worn out.

Second one, I've circled the Chip (In total there's only like 5, is that enough to kill me? )

Last ones the chain slack just to show I agree that I need a new chain and I need to take some links out.

Sorry focus is screwed, didn't ave the patience to modify my distance.

P.S. She's dirty I know, "didn't think that, that area would get so dirty" while I was cleaning the [s]seat[/s] 8-).

3. Re: My baby failed :'( 
    You don't really ride that do you?

4. Re: My baby failed :'( 
    Lol yeah :'( Needs a clean, Just CBA to go buy all that Anti-Rust and WD40. I'm happy to spend 48Hrs non-stop cleaning a bike. Love it :-*

or were you on about the Sprocket and Chain? ;D

5. Re: My baby failed :'( 
    That chain is knackered the reason why its chipped is because its worn down so much its like a end of a wood chisel,bet if you look at the gear box sprocket the teeth are hooked aswell.I cant see a chain and sprocket set costing a lot for a 50cc bike but compare the differences between new one and yours and bet you'll get a shocksuggest you take a look at this web site
    http://www.reginachain.it/eng/use_and_maintenance/

This front sprocket is knackered notice hooked teeth and the uneven shape between each one

6. Re: My baby failed :'( 
    Platinum Member
    In total there's only like 5, is that enough to kill me?
    A catastrophe takes a sequence of events.
    So if you got thrown off your bike in front of an oncoming HGV then yes you could die.

More likely scenario is that your very lose chain comes off the sprockets, comes loose with momentum and "whips" the flesh off your leg (nice).

I think you should take note of what the professionals said and that was DANGEROUS (in triplicate).

The vast majority of us would not ride that bike and would not let it get into that state.

I don't think you should try to take links out of the chain.
    They have said the chain is excessively worn, so you need a new one as well as sprocketts.
    Everyone will tell you it's best to get the whole set in one go, because if you put a new chain on worn sprocketts it will be knackered in no time at all.

I hope you get it sorted.
    Please let us know if you need any help, because I dread to think of you riding like that.

7. Re: My baby failed :'( 
    well it's been a while since i looked at sprockets on the ts50x, but i would say yours are knackered.
    the teeth are thin and starting to bend.
    Take a look at this link
    http://images.wemoto.com/full/MULTIENTRY/10021051.jpg

8. Re: My baby failed :'( 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    Oi! Bennett!
    Just go and get yourself a new chain and sprocket kit, preferably a quality one, like D.I.D for example.

Remember what I said in another topic?

Spend the money on keeping the bike looked after and save the rest for your next bike.

9. Re: My baby failed :'( 
    Right guys, shopping spree. I got new chain and sprockets. My Box Sprocket had every other tooth missing.

I've only had it a few months so I'm guessing I didn't do that, I don't know how that happens anyway.

Stocked up on Lubes and cleaners.

Proud of me?

10. Re: My baby failed :'( 
    The fact the chain was loose would have accelerated the wear on the sprockets.
    In the few months you have owned the bike have you checked the chain tension and tightened it as needed? Both front and rear sprockets and chain could have been knackered before you got the bike, but not checking would not help. I check mine weekly, same as my tyre pressures as its only a couple of minute job to do, and as mentioned above could save you a trip up the road "road rash" style!

What lubes did you buy out of interest?