Notices

Thread: Insurance rip-off!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Insurance rip-off! 
    I have just renewed my insurance, I was with Axa through Bennetts last year and FC was £157 with my Dad on the policy and as I was a completely new rider with no NCB or experiance I thought it was a good price for the bandit 600.

I looked around for the best FC package with breakdown (here and euro), legal, personal accident and a pretty low excess with no voluntary and then went back to bennetts and asked what they could do for the r6 as the bandit went last week :'(. I asked a month before the bandit cover ran out to swap to the r6 and they wanted to sting me big time for cancelling the cover and to swap to the r6 with no NCP they wanted just under a grand!!!!!

anyway I waited until the cover was just about to run out, called them up and asked if they could match what I was looking at on the web...they said yes with all the extras I wanted and it came down to £286 with Axa again!!..which is not bad considering I have only been riding a year.

but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what they charge...all robbing b*stards if you ask me .

2. Re: Insurance rip-off! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    The quote line for AQuote is 0800 01118444 - that's free on a landline...
    Yeah but the customer help line is an 0871 which should be around 10p per minute but they can charge more and split it with the line provider. Been doing a bit of digging around online and it doesn't seem to add up. Watch this space......

3. Re: Insurance rip-off! 
    I concur with you guys...they are a shower of minkys. It is a classic scam to try to charge a bomb for a few months cover when you change plans (ie your bike or move...even in the same area) just an excuse to extort a large fee as they know you want the hard earnt NCB. Total feckers the lot of them! >

4. Re: Insurance rip-off! 
    Quote Originally Posted by finbar
    I concur with you guys...they are a shower of minkys. It is a classic scam to try to charge a bomb for a few months cover when you change plans (ie your bike or move...even in the same area) just an excuse to extort a large fee as they know you want the hard earnt NCB. Total feckers the lot of them! >
    A shower of minkys? How would that work? I gonna look that up too!

5. Re: Insurance rip-off! 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    A shower of minkys? How would that work? I gonna look that up too!
    I think zat monsieur Finbar is a leetle like Inspector Clouseau, non?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

6. Re: Insurance rip-off! 
    I don't know 'how it would work' but I still hold on to the slim chance that it might happen one day! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: Insurance rip-off! 
    Platinum Member
    I have the 916 insured with mce, cant fault them on there service yet, dont get put on held for ages, and the brake down service they supply is pretty prompt too

8. Re: Insurance rip-off! 
    I ran into problems with my '09 insurance as I did a 90 day tour of Europe. Very few companies will offer cover for this amount of time on the continent. I went with Devitt and paid slightly over the odds to get the 60 days + 30 days green card cover for my trip. My insurance is now up for renewal and Devitt have come up trumps, they are the best value for money this year!

Thanks for the warning about A Quote, they were one of the companies I called. I'll check my phone bill when I get it!!!