Notices

Thread: Pot Holes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Pot Holes 
    Platinum Member
    This subject again....!

Something you peeps might be interested in....in this month's edition of Motorcycle Sport & Leisure, they are interested in bringing local authorities to account and have asked for photos of any dangerous pot holes that are around. Please email your pics to tcarter@mortons.co.uk and they will see what the councils have to say for themselves!

(presuming its safe to stop and take a pic!)

2. Re: Pot Holes 
    Platinum Member
    I was driving the car on some Buckinghamshire roads earlier this week and the roads in that county are an absolute disgrace.
    More like craters than pot holes and lethal to bikers, especially if riding in evening when dark.
    Pity I didn't have a camera with me.

The roads in England are shocking and the worst they have been for years.

3. Re: Pot Holes 
    Diamond Member
    yes they are and so why do we pay road tax??

4. Re: Pot Holes 
    Quote Originally Posted by igbell
    yes they are and so why do we pay road tax??
    Didnt you know there is a recession on, and they still have to pay all those lovely expenses to the MPs........ the money has to come from somewhere!

5. Re: Pot Holes 
    Quote Originally Posted by noisy_lightning
    [quote author=igbell link=1267741439/0#2 date=1268991497]yes they are and so why do we pay road tax??
    Didnt you know there is a recession on, and they still have to pay all those lovely expenses to the MPs........ the money has to come from somewhere![/quote]
    maybe we should let the MPs claim Range Rovers on expenses so they dont shake up their champagne too much and would help them ride over the pot holes.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Re: Pot Holes 
    Diamond Member
    Is it me. But I can't see any difference in the roads some main roads have had pot holes filled but the B roads of which some are pretty busy with heavy goods, I.E. the B3109 near the Nestle factory is a complete mess. >

7. Re: Pot Holes 
    Diamond Member
    Steve hit one with the cbr and he had to tighten the handlebars cos they went loose after!!!

8. Re: Pot Holes 
    A cyclist was killed when he swerved to avoid a pothole in Tidworth and was hit by a lorry.
    Won't comment on why he wasn't aware of the lorry or why he only became aware of the pothole at the last minute, but even so he was still a road user like us all and if the council took proactive measures maybe a family wouldn't be in mourning.
    This is Wiltshire Council's quote, I think it's shocking!

"Any recommendations made by the coroner at a subsequent inquest concerning the highway will, of course, be given serious consideration by Wiltshire Council."

The council have apperantly filled in the pothole, (closing the stable door and all that!!!)
    It's Lilac... not pink!

9. Re: Pot Holes 
    Diamond Member
    Thats shocking, still it is the council so what more do we expect??

10. Re: Pot Holes 
    I ride to school every weekday and up near my school there is literally hundreds of them, I sit and think, If I was un-aware or on a road bike without great suspension I could easily die.

This is disgusting, and they pull us over to "Check" I actually have me 50cc license.

VERY Angry.