Notices

Thread: Dealer rip off warning

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Dealer rip off warning 
    Hi I'm new to this forum but I wanted to alert members about poor service from SJS in Salisbury who state on their website that the customer comes first. This is not my experience.
    I booked my bike in for some simple work which was agreed would be done within 10 days, and that any parts over £60 would be agreed with me in advance. In reality the bike was with them for 4 weeks - numerous broken promises, excuses. It was returned with bird s**t over it poorly fitted panels and a badly bled back brake. They quoted one price for a part and then INSISTED that they had never had that conversation with me, then charged me more.
    Furthermore they replaced another part without asking me at over the agreed £60 threshold (I found self same part on the net in about 10 seconds for £35). I did give them the opportunity to put all this right but they flatly refused. I can't be ar**d to take it further with low life like them, but I do think it worthwhile to alert other riders on here. I certainly won't be going back with this or any of my other bikes.

2. Re: Dealer rip off warning 
    Certainly sounds like some bad dealings.

Never really had much to do with SJS. I know they were formed by the core staff from the old Honda Salisbury dealership and apart from their official opening I've never really ventured down there.

I'm not sure of the official line, but I saw on TV the other day where people stood on instances where they get charged for things they don't agree upon beforehand. Maybe a strongly worded letter to the owner is needed stating that you'll take this further via MCN/trading standards and also speak to Consumer Advice.

Don't blame you at all for not going back after that experience.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

3. Re: Dealer rip off warning 
    Diamond Member
    oooh, not good. i was going to visit them recently, but never got round to it....i might not now.
    wonder how much this is going to lose them in the long run......

ta.

4. Re: Dealer rip off warning 
    Before we all jump to the conclusion that this dealer isn't worth visiting, we should perhaps do some more research..after all this person has made 1 post on WB and joined up specifically to bad mouth SJS. For all we know this person could be a competitor trying to harm their reputation
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: Dealer rip off warning 
    Platinum Member
    Would be interesting to hear from any other WB members who had used this company and what their experiances were, then a true evaluation could be made.

6. Re: Dealer rip off warning 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    Before we all jump to the conclusion that this dealer isn't worth visiting, we should perhaps do some more research..after all this person has made 1 post on WB and joined up specifically to bad mouth SJS. For all we know this person could be a competitor trying to harm their reputation

Just what I was thinking!

If it was someone that was known rather than someone that joined to slate them maybe it might hold a bit more standing!

Firstly he never got a quote in writing along with the parts over £60 call. No doubt he'd have signed the authorisation for work but never mentioned if he put the call for parts as that would just have a job.

Service shops don't have the time to trowel the internet for parts they'll use thier suppliers as normally arrives quicker/ reliable.

No mention of chasing completion when went 3 weeks over just something about broken promises but no further details given

I don't know either of the parties involved so not defending either just adding a bit of maybes etc [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Personally I wouldn't have been happy with the delay, extra cost and not put together correctly but if that was me it wouldn't have been delayed as I would have chased them (with no attitude!) with that I'd have been informed of the bill all the time. If the panels aren't fitted properly on collection - don't take it get them to refit them.

I also hear of a lot of people complain about tyres being damged on changing of tyres. Ensure you check them before going, and wipe them down and take piccys - camera on phones are great things. When you book it in make sure they know the rims are undamaged no garage has ever refused to check them with me and note it. Then check them on collection at the garage. Very few rims do get damaged with care being taken but many people don't notice the damage until its fitted and blame the garage when its been there for ages

7. Re: Dealer rip off warning 
    Sorry to hear about the poor service you got from them.

Personally I thought they were helpful and friendly when I got my bike serviced and a couple of new tyres fitted back in July.

8. Re: Dealer rip off warning 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZR600Dude
    Sorry to hear about the poor service you got from them.

Personally I thought they were helpful and friendly when I got my bike serviced and a couple of new tyres fitted back in July.

Also want to add that th Guy in charge Shawn, spent an hour or so just chatting about bikes and giving me loads of useful advice.

I have no reason not to take my bike back there again.

9. Re: Dealer rip off warning 
    never had any problem with them, great service and really helpful would recommend them to anyone.

10. Re: Dealer rip off warning 
    ONFIRE
    GW's provide a Great Service [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

Okay I got my coat ;D ;D