Notices

Thread: Dark visors

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Dark visors 
    Never heard of anyone getting pulled for a visor. If they know their stuff they might "do" you if you've been riding like a tosser but highly un-likely.

Got mine from racevisors.co.uk. Get the darkest one arai do then, like you said, carry both. Don't see the point in a slight tint.

Also handy off the bike too!
    http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/a...une2008045.jpg

2. Re: Dark visors 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    Never heard of anyone getting pulled for a visor. If they know their stuff they might "do" you if you've been riding like a tosser but highly un-likely.

Got mine from racevisors.co.uk. Get the darkest one arai do then, like you said, carry both. Don't see the point in a slight tint.

Also handy off the bike too!
    http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/a...une2008045.jpg
    love the photo ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: Dark visors 
    Having trained a few local traffic cops, and quizzed them about dark visors, I can tell you they're not interested, unless you're stupid enough to wear one at night. Carry a clear one with you and you're unlikely to get nicked.

The problem with sunglasses is you are wearing glass just in front of your eye. Unless they are safety glasses, they're bloody dangerous in an accident.

Legal tinted visors are next to useless.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

4. Re: Dark visors 
    An easy way to carry a spare visor if you don't have or want to carry a bag - slide it into a sports sock or similar (the sleep socks you get on planes are pretty handy) and stick it under your jacket round your ribs - I carried my clear visor like that all the time we were out on Sunday (a good 5 hours) and never noticed it at all, even when sitting down in the pub [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: Dark visors 
    Ditto...0nly works on slim guys like us though! ;D

6. Re: Dark visors 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    An easy way to carry a spare visor if you don't have or want to carry a bag - slide it into a sports sock or similar (the sleep socks you get on planes are pretty handy) and stick it under your jacket round your ribs - I carried my clear visor like that all the time we were out on Sunday (a good 5 hours) and never noticed it at all, even when sitting down in the pub [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Aye, gotta make sure you do your jacket up proerly at the bottom though - had a mishap with my HJC's original clear visor that way.

I think I might order myself something nice, backpack wise from Kriega, so I might just tack a visor bag onto it.

7. Re: Dark visors 
    Cheers for the replies guys (and gals!), at least it has stimulated a bit of debate [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Looks like i'll be getting a dark visor then 8-)
    Stu
    Anyone fancy a pint?

8. Re: Dark visors 
    Platinum Member
    Dont think it would fit over the boobs lol but great idea

9. Re: Dark visors 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    Having trained a few local traffic cops, and quizzed them about dark visors, I can tell you they're not interested, unless you're stupid enough to wear one at night. Carry a clear one with you and you're unlikely to get nicked.

The problem with sunglasses is you are wearing glass just in front of your eye. Unless they are safety glasses, they're bloody dangerous in an accident.

I have to wear normal glasses for vision correction so I hope I am ok wearing them under my helmet. I also have a drop down sun visor which is pretty good.

10. Re: Dark visors 
    Quote Originally Posted by bobf279
    [quote author=Mark_Able link=1273057093/0#12 date=1273092005]Having trained a few local traffic cops, and quizzed them about dark visors, I can tell you they're not interested, unless you're stupid enough to wear one at night. Carry a clear one with you and you're unlikely to get nicked.

I have to wear normal glasses for vision correction so I hope I am ok wearing them under my helmet. I also have a drop down sun visor which is pretty good.[/quote]

That's unavoidable really Bob! Just keep your visor down at all times. The visor is impact resistant, your glasses aren't. Only takes a stone flicking up...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk