Notices

Thread: Wonderful GW's...NOT!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Great - A short talking sarcastic Adonis. ;D Look foward to meeting you.

2. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    [quote author=Ducatista link=1273077942/45#45 date=1273245781]
    plus there is a post office within walking distance so they can tax thier bikes
    Not if you get there outside post office hours you can't !!
    Don't know what time your post office shuts but we picked up our bike after 5.
    I am very grateful that Pat was accomodating, especially when we got held up outside of our control, but not everyone lives nearby or can there there is post office hours.

I felt they were a little OTT in asking for a original insurance certificate, so possibly makingt things harder for themselves here.
    Not all dealers insist on an original, so there is clearly a different interpretation of the rules between dealers.
    I think the original arrived in the post for us, but we had a very good printout from our PC in case the post was delayed [smiley=thumbsup.gif] but could do without people making things harder than they already are with burearacy gone mad.
    On a plus side for new bikes the AFRL team can now take emailed PDF's direct from the insurance company. We have been arguing this for years and finally looks like they are acting on it.
    [/quote]

Very interesting... I'm taking delivery of my new bike on the 19th, but as I'm taking part two of my test on the 18th it'll arrive with no tax.
    Already understand that once I show my insurance certificate you guys at GW will sort out the tax, but didn't realise that an emailed PDF version from the insurance company would be ok!!

Is it only certain insurance companies? How do I arrange for them to do that?
    It would make my life loads easier if I could do it this way...

P.S. Sorry Stu... didn't know of you when I purchased my bike. It was the other Stu that got the sale, although he could do with smiling a bit more!! ;D

3. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Platinum Member
    I assume its a new bike? - Speak to the insurance company and see if they'll email it - if they say no they can't - simple

BTW you caught me in a good mood and easy answer as I normally can't help another sales person deals as mentioned before due to not knowing the deal, offer or previous conversations with the parties involved [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Platinum Member
    All my bikes are insured with Adrian Flux and they email the Insurance Certificate which is accepted by the post office for tax purposes. Never let me down. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Platinum Member
    All my bikes are insured with Adrian Flux and they email the Insurance Certificate which is accepted by the post office for tax purposes.
    I will check with Lurkalot but I'm pretty sure we had to have the ORIGINAL for GWs.

Sorry if I confused things.
    When I said about a printout I was being a bit tongue in cheek because we posted a FAKE that we don't think GWs would be able to spot in case the original from the insurer did not arrive on time.
    (I'm talking about a non-original document NOT fake insurance).
    Luckily the original had arrived in the post, so the fake was not required.

The issue is not with the PO insiting on original but with GWs (or was in Sept 2009 in the Honda section).
    I don't know if anythign has chnaged so check for yourself.

I am not complaining BTW - if it's the law/guidelines then it's not GWs fault. Just warning people to check up front.

6. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    All my bikes are insured with Adrian Flux and they email the Insurance Certificate which is accepted by the post office for tax purposes.
    I will check with Lurkalot but I'm pretty sure we had to have the ORIGINAL for GWs.

Sorry if I confused things.
    When I said about a printout I was being a bit tongue in cheek because we posted a FAKE that we don't think GWs would be able to spot in case the original from the insurer did not arrive on time.
    (It's was real insurance but not the orignial copy).
    Luckily the original had arrived in the post, so the fake was not required.

The issue is not with the PO insiting on original but with GWs (or was in Sept 2009 in the Honda section).
    I don't know if anythign has chnaged so check for yourself.

I am not complaining BTW - if it's the law/guidelines then it's not GWs fault. Just warning people to check up front.
    In accordance with AFRL (part of the DVLA taxing) they state the following
    -Insurance must be valid on the day of registrationor in the case of advanced (March/Sept) from the 1st day of the month the licence comes intoforce
    -Only accept an ORIGINAL form of insurance
    -'photocopies,facismilies and PDF are NOT ACCEPTABLE'

So its not us - but as I said only recently are we able to accept emailed copies direct from the insurance companies direct to the AFRL team. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It really would make my life easier if we could accept faxes etc but we can't :-[
    If you posted a fake copy but told us it was original who are we to know - but can easily spot faxed etc also we have to forward a copy to the DVLA so hopefully they won't notice a fake or could persue it further
    So far I have only found Bennetts and Motorcycle direct won't email it!

7. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    I would like to give GW a big thumbs up, always go there first for my riding gear, get some good priced gear and when i purchased a shark helmet from the bike show only to find the chin vent was broken i took it to the outlet as they had them on sale and asked the staff if they could order me a spare part and they looked at it asked me to leave it as they would get the shark rep to take a look.They took my number and within a week called me to say it was all done and i could pick it up, no charge repaired for free, so all i can say is that they were really helpfull considering there was no sale involved so a big thumbs up from me [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. Hope fully i may be in he market for a new bike on day