Notices

Thread: Wonderful GW's...NOT!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Diamond Member
    same kinda story, bit disheartened with GW's outlet shop...
    1. i bought a lid that they charged me too much for, got home before i realised the mistake. had to go back for a refund. (another 60 miles)
    2. bought at the same time a set of oxford bone dry combination waterproofs, the trouser zip fell off and they wernt waterproof....back i went again (had spent £400 in the first visit).(another 60 miles)
    3. wore the waterproofs in the winter and the jacket poppers went rusty, back i went again, they wouldnt change the jacket, they wanted to send them away for new poppers to be put on.....would have ment that id have handed them over, waited weeks then went back AGAIN....(another 60 miles to show them, and another 60 miles IF i wanted them repaired)
    4. went to the stock clearance and found a rear sprocket with a sign saying "ALL SPROCKETS £1".... went to pay and they charged me £8.10 before i pointed out that theres a sign saying £1........

very disheartened, and am now £30 out of pocket on petrol.....
    went to them cos they appeared cheap, but not if you add the £30 petrol, 3 seperate visits at the weekends and the total bu66erance factor.......

just my experience tho, im sure some people wouldnt have minded going 4 times to hand over £400........

2. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    I can't comment on the bike and the tax as I had nothing to do with the sale - not me trying to worm my way out or defend I honestly don't know. What I do know is we don't claim back for any tax and if it is normally there it stays there. But saying that all used bikes are sold without tax and there are posters around the showroom highlighting this - so if its taxed its a bonus.

I have sold a lot of bikes to members on the forum both new and used and hopefully there has been no issues or none that haven't been resolved as I have always said anyone that buys from me are more than welcome to pm me or they have my direct line or mobile number. I will go out my way to help where I can even out of hours - I do take pride in my job and my customers and want them to enjoy the new bike experiance.

I do feel for you that its taken 3 days to get a call back and please do let me know who your sales person was so I can speak to them 1st thing in the morning when I am back in work.

Thank you for the reply Stu.......pm on its way to you....but I was kinda hoping the salesperson was going to ring back today and all would be sorted but alas,he did not, so I shall pm with the details.....I dont expect other people to sort out my issues as I am a grown-up (apparently lol).
    And just 'cos you work there shouldnt mean you should feel obliged to sort it out....so I thank you for your interest.

:-?

3. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    i bought a bike from GW (new) last year, when i arranged the sale, they told me to send the proof of insurance in and it would be taxed. I did this with 10 days before collection, i even phoned with 8 days to go and they confirmed they had it. Went on the day to pick it up and the bike was not taxed! I was then fobbed off with some story about it being ready if i waited for a couple of hours. I had to take the bike untaxed as my old-man had taken time out to take me up there.

GWs do some superb deals, they offer a good selection - but they have a lot to do ensure these kind of things do not happen. Would i buy there again? yes but i would get in writing something to say the bike will be road legal on collection (i actually pointed a friend towards Stu during the 'open weekend' and my mate did the deal last week) - i hope he is not disappointed like me (i'm sure i'll get an ear-bashing from him if he is!).

4. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pilninggas
    i bought a bike from GW (new) last year, when i arranged the sale, they told me to send the proof of insurance in and it would be taxed. I did this with 10 days before collection, i even phoned with 8 days to go and they confirmed they had it. Went on the day to pick it up and the bike was not taxed! I was then fobbed off with some story about it being ready if i waited for a couple of hours. I had to take the bike untaxed as my old-man had taken time out to take me up there.

GWs do some superb deals, they offer a good selection - but they have a lot to do ensure these kind of things do not happen. Would i buy there again? yes but i would get in writing something to say the bike will be road legal on collection (i actually pointed a friend towards Stu during the 'open weekend' and my mate did the deal last week) - i hope he is not disappointed like me (i'm sure i'll get an ear-bashing from him if he is!).
    I admit there were a few fcuk ups last year regarding taxing - all being well as long as the insurance and COR have arrived before the agreed delivery date/ time it should now be done. There has been extra staff taken on/ trained to do the taxing and touch wood - fingers crossed it is currently running well.

Who was it that bought the bike - Pete? Betters make sure it goes all smoothly then

5. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    WHOOP WHOOP.........Just to let you all know.....I had a voicemail from the GW chap and the tax disc has been found at George Whites so I now have two lol ;D ;D

ANYWAY...... Im beaming again now as I went out for my first proper ride-out on the roads tonight.......ok so I was flanked by a rather large Green Ninja but I did it and loved every second.

;D ;D ;D

6. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Its a shame people have had issues but I will chime in and say that when I bought my R6 I had no problems at all. In fact the only problem I had during the entire purchase was the insurance company and that was not GWs fault.
    On the whole I was very happy, I got what I wanted in part exchange for my old bike and got a very good options pack with extra bits and bobs for my bike which was all stuff I wanted and would have had to buy at a later date anyway.

Stu dealt with my sale and was excellent at keeping me up to date with information during the week it took from me placing a deposit to picking up the bike.

7. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    [quote author=pilninggas link=1273077942/15#22 date=1273161330]i bought a bike from GW (new) last year, when i arranged the sale, they told me to send the proof of insurance in and it would be taxed. I did this with 10 days before collection, i even phoned with 8 days to go and they confirmed they had it. Went on the day to pick it up and the bike was not taxed! I was then fobbed off with some story about it being ready if i waited for a couple of hours. I had to take the bike untaxed as my old-man had taken time out to take me up there.

I admit there were a few fcuk ups last year regarding taxing - all being well as long as the insurance and COR have arrived before the agreed delivery date/ time it should now be done. There has been extra staff taken on/ trained to do the taxing and touch wood - fingers crossed it is currently running well.

Who was it that bought the bike - Pete? Betters make sure it goes all smoothly then [/quote]
    yes it was - please make it go smoothly as i did say you seemed like a decent chap on this forum (lol)

8. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Bought a bike from GW's back in 2003 and that was fine. I've heard good and bad stories about GW's since then, but equally I can say that about most other dealers. I suppose with the amount of bikes they churn out gives more chance of mistakes to happen.

@Beamer...I'm glad you've got it sorted in the end and enjoyed your rideout.

I think the key to any smooth bike purchase at GW's is 'our man on the inside' Stu.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

9. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Can I just add my penny's worth.

I went some time ago to the outlet store and was dealt with by a young lady/girl who helped my daughter buy a jacket for the bike. In the end it worked out the jacket was for sale a few months earlier for £80, and we only paid £20. Great deal and will be going there again in a few eeks for new boots an a jacket for myself.

10. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Beamer,

Not sure if you knew but you can always check to see if a vehicle is taxed or not by following this link:

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/Evl...SKIN=directgov

It would then only cost £7 for a replacement. Understand this is resolved now but if anyone else has this problem then they could use the link.