Notices

Thread: Wonderful GW's...NOT!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Just a word of warning to all prospective George White's bike buyers. When I bought my bike I was told my bike was taxed......which it was not....have been trying to get in touch for 3 days....finally get a call back to be told to go and tax it myself as the tax had obviously disappeared!! god knows where....its not the cost as its cheap enough but i havent been able to ride until i got it, which meant having to leave work early or have to wait until w/end....bloody inconvenience and a pain in the bum......they shouldn't have said it was taxed if they werent sure. And where did it go because I was told it was taxed when purchased and it was not on the bike when delivered as (luckily) i took photo's as soon as it was delivered (all on my facebook photo's ) .....not happy!!!!....still waiting for a call back now which again has not happened....grrrrrr

Funnily enough I took foto's in the show room too and the tax disc is visible....so where did it go between purchase and delivery mmmmm

So always make sure when you take delivery of a bike from there (or anywhere) the tax disc is still intact or you will be riding illegally!!!!

THANX FOR THE FABULOUS SERVICE...NOT....

Beamer is not beaming!!!!!!! > > > >

2. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience - some people rave about GW's some people don't.

Personally I don't but I still go there to have a look round because they are cheap.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    That's not good at all...and I thought the 'great GW' was the best???

Considering it was taxed when it was in the showroom when you bought it and not when it was delivered I think thats out of order, plus the fact that no one bothered getting back to you and you had to then go and get it taxed again yourself thats poor service from a major player in the Bike showroom world.

Doesn't matter whether you spend £50 or £15,000 I would expect the same level of service, a customer is still a customer even after a purchase has been made.

Not impressed. [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

Roxy

4. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Diamond Member
    Personaly i wouldent buy a bike from GWs either, ive met loads of unhappy customers over the past year

5. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    i have bought 4 bikes over the years from them ,ive had no trouble at all.

6. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    When I went last year to tradein my Suzuki Vstrom 650 GT bike which only had 2400 miles on the clock, they didnt have anything I could test ride and it was almost impossible to get a member of staff to talk to me. I ended up going to Kingstwowheels in Kidlington - a very small dealership - where the service was second to none. Pity Ive only done 200 miles since August so havent even got to the 600 mile service yet. I was not impressed by GWs

7. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Diamond Member
    I wouldn't touch GW with a 6 meters barge pole.

8. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Diamond Member
    Over the years, I've had a fair bit to do with the motor trade (cars) but it still surprises me at the lengths some companies go to in order to save a couple of quid.

Even down to transfering fuel from one car to another so all the used cars have about enough to run 1/4 mile on.

This may be a genuine error, but in my experience it's usually down to cash.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Cheers
    G

9. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry
    Over the years, I've had a fair bit to do with the motor trade (cars) but it still surprises me at the lengths some companies go to in order to save a couple of quid.

Even down to transfering fuel from one car to another so all the used cars have about enough to run 1/4 mile on.

Cheers
    G

The only way its got sorted is because Ive been forced to go and get my own tax so I can ride!!.......not alot else I could do really.....but when I do upgrade they wont be getting my custom....grrrr

>

10. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    [quote author=Gerry link=1273077942/0#7 date=1273088024]Over the years, I've had a fair bit to do with the motor trade (cars) but it still surprises me at the lengths some companies go to in order to save a couple of quid.

Cheers
    G

The only way its got sorted is because Ive been forced to go and get my own tax so I can ride!!.......not alot else I could do really.....but when I do upgrade they wont be getting my custom....grrrr

>[/quote]

You seem pretty pissed off - I would be too! Glad you have sorted it even though you should have never had to. Never been to GW's - might give it a wide berth! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]