Notices

Thread: Wonderful GW's...NOT!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    I’ve bought a new bike from GW’s, used their service department and also bought a helmet and other accessories from them. Mixed feedback.

Sales Department >

Lack of communication
    Lack of product knowledge
    Broken promises
    Chauvinistic and sexist attitude - I'm no feminist, the first to enjoy a sexist joke and certainly don't usually get pi55ed off by stuff like that, but was made to feel incompetant and as if my money wasn't good enough
    Problems getting hold of the sales person I delt with
    Having said that, did eventually deliver – with lots of chasing on my account, and did give me ok money on my PX

Parts and Service Department

Helpful – tried harder than normal maybe, knowing I’d had problems with sales department and actually said they were trying to put things right by me.

Accessories Department

No problems, good discounts on some lines.

'Buyer Beware' is a bit strong, but just go into any bike purchase with your eyes open and aware that the sun does not shine shine out of GW's proverbial!

2. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Diamond Member
    How about the admin/taxing team have a policy where they tax ALL the bikes UNLESS the sales person tells them NOT to???......

this would ensure a good customer service, and ensure any fault of GW's sales persons are kept in house and not passed to the customer.....

if there IS a mistake the customer is HAPPY, cos his/her bike gets taxed and the Sales person is the one who loses out...

not as bad an idea as it sounds.....

this method ENSURES happy customers, and also ensures no mistakes are made by GW's sales persons.

(by the way, im a Quality Assurance Manager, and get paid to think of good ideas that result in customer satisfaction, but you can have this one for FREE, or if GW's like it they can give me back the £30 i spent in fuel going back again and again and again......).... ;-)

3. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Diamond Member
    When I bought my Z750 I looked at GW. I tried contacting "The Sales Guy" 3 times without success. No return call from them either. So eventually went too Kawasaki Bristol.

Also I bought my New Lid & they said i would have a New Dark visor FOC that was 2 weeks ago still no Visor from Arai.

4. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydangerous
    How about the admin/taxing team have a policy where they tax ALL the bikes UNLESS the sales person tells them NOT to???......

this would ensure a good customer service, and ensure any fault of GW's sales persons are kept in house and not passed to the customer.....

if there IS a mistake the customer is HAPPY, cos his/her bike gets taxed and the Sales person is the one who loses out...

not as bad an idea as it sounds.....

this method ENSURES happy customers, and also ensures no mistakes are made by GW's sales persons.

(by the way, im a Quality Assurance Manager, and get paid to think of good ideas that result in customer satisfaction, but you can have this one for FREE, or if GW's like it they can give me back the £30 i spent in fuel going back again and again and again......).... ;-)
    We cannot tax all Used bikes as we have no facility to do so and it won't change. Pre-reg bikes are easily done as can be done by us. Plus its hard enough just trying to get the insurance and COR in for New bikes let alone adding used bikes to it. As lonfg as people are aware there really isn't much of an issue - plus there is a post office within walking distance so they can tax thier bikes [smiley=thumbsup.gif] and yes I have taxed customers bikes for them on my day off and no I am not going to do it for all as thats my day off and if you either want to pay more for more staff or no doubt you'd complain if there was no staff as they'd gone taxing/ chasing up insurances etc etc

5. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie
    I’ve bought a new bike from GW’s, used their service department and also bought a helmet and other accessories from them. Mixed feedback.

Sales Department >

Lack of communication
    Broken promises
    Chauvinistic and sexist attitude - I'm no feminist, the first to enjoy a sexist joke and certainly don't usually get pi55ed off by stuff like that, but was made to feel incompetant and as if my money wasn't good enough
    Having said that, did eventually deliver – with lots of chasing on my account, and did give me ok money on my PX

Helpful – tried harder than normal maybe, knowing I’d had problems with sales department and actually said they were trying to put things right by me.

Accessories Department

'Buyer Beware' is a bit strong, but just go into any bike purchase with your eyes open and aware that the sun does not shine shine out of GW's proverbial!
    Charlie - who did you deal with regarding the purchase of your bike and when was this? I know that I don't have a Chauvinistic or sexist attitude and purposly ensure I don't and people from here will vouch for that.

6. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Platinum Member
    plus there is a post office within walking distance so they can tax thier bikes
    Not if you get there outside post office hours you can't !!
    Don't know what time your post office shuts but we picked up our bike after 5.
    I am very grateful that Pat was accomodating, especially when we got held up outside of our control, but not everyone lives nearby or can there there is post office hours.

I felt they were a little OTT in asking for a original insurance certificate, so possibly makingt things harder for themselves here.
    Not all dealers insist on an original, so there is clearly a different interpretation of the rules between dealers.
    I think the original arrived in the post for us, but we had a very good printout from our PC in case the post was delayed [smiley=thumbsup.gif] but could do without people making things harder than they already are with burearacy gone mad.

7. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    [quote author=charlie link=1273077942/30#40 date=1273238479]I’ve bought a new bike from GW’s, used their service department and also bought a helmet and other accessories from them. Mixed feedback.

Sales Department >

Lack of communication
    Broken promises

Accessories Department

Charlie - who did you deal with regarding the purchase of your bike and when was this? I know that I don't have a Chauvinistic or sexist attitude and purposly ensure I don't and people from here will vouch for that.[/quote]

I avoided mentioning names Stu, but it was you. Sorry mate, it wasn't my intention to cause any trouble for you personally, but it was my experience. It's in the past, I LOVE my bike and as I said I wouldn't put people off from going to GW's or NOT reccomend GW's, but just that people need to be aware.

I know that you're all busy there at GW's (at the time, I was told by your General Manager that you were the most sucessful/busy sales person there [smiley=thumbsup.gif]) so maybe customer service sometimes falls through the net a bit. Sh1t happens, I'm over it, just felt should let folks know my experience.

As far as the chauvinistic thing, it happens in a lot of places, it's a male oriented sport, I get that. I just wasn't expecting it under the circumstances - buyer not browser, time off work to see the bike, money ready to go... etc.

This all happened back in 08, so things may have changed since then.

Really, no hard feelings.

8. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie
    [quote author=Davey link=1273077942/30#44 date=1273245389][quote author=charlie link=1273077942/30#40 date=1273238479]I’ve bought a new bike from GW’s, used their service department and also bought a helmet and other accessories from them. Mixed feedback.

Sales Department >

Lack of communication
    Broken promises

Accessories Department

Charlie - who did you deal with regarding the purchase of your bike and when was this? I know that I don't have a Chauvinistic or sexist attitude and purposly ensure I don't and people from here will vouch for that.[/quote]

I avoided mentioning names Stu, but it was you. Sorry mate, it wasn't my intention to cause any trouble for you personally, but it was my experience. It's in the past, I LOVE my bike and as I said I wouldn't put people off from going to GW's or NOT reccomend GW's, but just that people need to be aware.

I know that you're all busy there at GW's (at the time, I was told by your General Manager that you were the most sucessful/busy sales person there [smiley=thumbsup.gif]) so maybe customer service sometimes falls through the net a bit. Sh1t happens, I'm over it, just felt should let folks know my experience.

As far as the chauvinistic thing, it happens in a lot of places, it's a male oriented sport, I get that. I just wasn't expecting it under the circumstances - buyer not browser, time off work to see the bike, money ready to go... etc.

Really, no hard feelings. [/quote]

I can assure you it wasn't me as I didn't work there in 2008! So you must mean the other Stu.

I pride myself on treating everyone the same whether male, female, learner or experianced we all have 1 thing in common.

So next time come and see me and see
    [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

9. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    plus there is a post office within walking distance so they can tax thier bikes
    Not if you get there outside post office hours you can't !!
    Don't know what time your post office shuts but we picked up our bike after 5.
    I am very grateful that Pat was accomodating, especially when we got held up outside of our control, but not everyone lives nearby or can there there is post office hours.

I felt they were a little OTT in asking for a original insurance certificate, so possibly makingt things harder for themselves here.
    Not all dealers insist on an original, so there is clearly a different interpretation of the rules between dealers.
    I think the original arrived in the post for us, but we had a very good printout from our PC in case the post was delayed [smiley=thumbsup.gif] but could do without people making things harder than they already are with burearacy gone mad.
    That isn't us requesting that but the DVLA with the AFRL rules they must have the original. Breaking these rules can loose the licence and I don't want to be going to Bristol or Oxford to tax bikes. Dealers will wing it and take copies but thats thier risk. On a plus side for new bikes the AFRL team can now take emailed PDF's direct from the insurance company. We have been arguing this for years and finally looks like they are acting on it.

Regarding not being able to make it before the post office as I said earlier I have got tax on my day off if customer has dropped off insurance but can't always do that also it is my day off and I need time to go diving. I also don't do handovers late if I can help it just incase there are problems etc or I have got the docs signed/ payment and given the V5 earlier.

10. Re: Wonderful GW's...NOT!! 
    ONF1RE
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    [quote author=charlie link=1273077942/45#46 date=1273246969][quote author=Davey link=1273077942/30#44 date=1273245389][quote author=charlie link=1273077942/30#40 date=1273238479]I’ve bought a new bike from GW’s, used their service department and also bought a helmet and other accessories from them. Mixed feedback.

Sales Department >

Lack of communication
    Broken promises

Accessories Department

Really, no hard feelings. [/quote]

I can assure you it wasn't me as I didn't work there in 2008! So you must mean the other Stu.

I pride myself on treating everyone the same whether male, female, learner or experianced we all have 1 thing in common.

So next time come and see me and see
    [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [/quote]

Spotted the obvious +1 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Stu, perhaps you could publish the GW phone call follow up's for satisfied customers.

Guess there will always be a minority of dissatisfaction.. Its only human.

But its always good to here peoples views keeping Bike retailers on their toes so to speak.

hmm who was the Dealer of 2009 obviously making on going customer improvements since 2008 Well Done GW's [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8-)