Notices

Thread: Bound to happen sometime.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Bound to happen sometime..... 
    Had one on my first road bike 1 week after picking it up. Didn't have the contacts that i do now and had to fork out £145 for a Dunlop D207! Being a builder ive developed a sixth sense for spotting nails and screws because I encounter some real thoughtless gits on jobs and at the merchants e.g. dropping a box of screws, picking most of them up then thinking sod it that'll do. I've even stopped in the road to clear them up after i've swerved round them. That way i've got a clear(ish) conscience for the rest of the day.

2. Re: Bound to happen sometime..... 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    Had one on my first road bike 1 week after picking it up. Didn't have the contacts that i do now and had to fork out £145 for a Dunlop D207! Being a builder ive developed a sixth sense for spotting nails and screws because I encounter some real thoughtless gits on jobs and at the merchants e.g. dropping a box of screws, picking most of them up then thinking sod it that'll do. I've even stopped in the road to clear them up after i've swerved round them. That way i've got a clear(ish) conscience for the rest of the day.
    building merchants and places like b&q are murder for that, lazy blokes opening open the side door of a transit and a load of debris falling out onto the ground. always a few screws and nails in that mix.

3. Re: Bound to happen sometime..... 
    Diamond Member
    ive not had one yet, touch wood ;D

4. Re: Bound to happen sometime..... 
    Diamond Member
    I carry a repair kit, available on a certain internet site...it consists of glue, "String" and the tools to poke it through your tyre....

its got me out of trouble, and replacement strings are available...

good kit for minimum outlay....

5. Re: Bound to happen sometime..... 
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydangerous
    I carry a repair kit, available on a certain internet site...it consists of glue, "String" and the tools to poke it through your tyre....

its got me out of trouble, and replacement strings are available...

good kit for minimum outlay....
    So do I it is called an RAC card. ;D
    I've had a bolt in the rear tyre on the 1200 Trophy. Served me right for following my friend who likes to go across the cross hatching (where all the cr*p ends up) on the road.

6. Re: Bound to happen sometime..... 
    Hi, never had a flatie on a bike thankfully, after reading this I may treat myself to a bit of roadside rescue cover. But had a few blow outs on trucks 120 PSI and 40+ tonne of truck they go off like a bomb. Dont who had the biggest laundry problem last time, me or white van man who was following about a foot behind me, bet he wont follow as close next time lol

7. Re: Bound to happen sometime..... 
    Quote Originally Posted by t1pper
    Hi, never had a flatie on a bike thankfully, after reading this I may treat myself to a bit of roadside rescue cover. But had a few blow outs on trucks 120 PSI and 40+ tonne of truck they go off like a bomb. Dont who had the biggest laundry problem last time, me or white van man who was following about a foot behind me, bet he wont follow as close next time lol
    lol I know what you mean - I was on the motorway following another car and as we passed a truck his tyre went off! I thought the car alongside him at the time was going to jump the crash barrier!! ;D ;D

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”