Notices

Thread: Ebay - Good & Bad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    Diamond Member
    I don't think much of my dainese, but then again I ride every day so they need replacing quicker than summer only riding. That is a real bargain though! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    Was pleased with my Dainese kit & think you got a bargain.

I buy & sell a bit on ebay & it's swings & roundabouts. You can relist the same thing several times and no one buys and then you stick it on again and away it goes for good money! Just happens to be if what yr selling is what someone is looking for at the time.

They also do free listing days which is always worth a go [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    I find ebay to be the only place that I can get spares for my bike without having to sell vital organs to pay for them.

I have been let down a few times though from sellers guessing the year of certain parts which is why I now have indicator lens's, fairing panels, seats and a screen that isn't for my model of bike >

I did manage to get a 2 piece race leather set off there for about £50 but the girlfriends didn't so I flogged them at a car booty for 3 times what I paid on ebay

4. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    Got my zx9r off ebay,was lucky there are alot off less than honest people with there desciptions,normally say oh i forgot to mention this as soon as you turn up.

5. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    I didn't realise that bids on ebay motors are not binding so if you decide to pull out when you turn up to find the vehicle is not what you expected you haven't broken ebay rules

6. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    I use the ebay free listing weekends (about once a month).

Pu the item on for the price you want. It costs you nowt. If it don't sell you relist it on the next one.

Its how I am selling all Taylors old Honda stock.

If you use the 99p option and the item is not performing you can remove the sale but it has too be done before it gets inside the last 12 hours... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Sometimes one of the watchers will contact you and you can deal outside ebay - No costs and no feedback issues.

I try to use ebay and not let it USE me

The seller don't have to part with anything - have you ever heard of the ebay police visiting anybody... ;D ;D ;D

7. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    I've used ebay alot and only been stung twice. Once on a pair of Adidas Yohji Yamamoto trainers that were fake and once on a pair of corona rep fairings for a gsxr that were f@cked. The trainers i got a refund less postage and the fairings all i got was the finger. With vehicles the buyer has the power. If it's not as described you can walk away.

8. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    Platinum Member
    I must say I have always done well buying on ebay.

9. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    Diamond Member
    Only had 1 bad experience on Ebay bloke had wrong description of item.
    Apart from that no [smiley=thumbsup.gif] issues

10. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    Diamond Member
    Oh you dont want to know about my first time on ebay.....
    Alright I will tell you, I didnt know how it all worked and I bid on 3 different motorbikes at the same time, then when I worked out what I had done I was hoping somebody was going to out bid me. Thankfully 2 of the bikes were pulled off due to the sellers being dodgy and the last I got out bid on.

When I sold a few mobile phones, I forgot to put a reserve on and in the end sold a couple for a good price and one for £1.