Notices

Thread: quiet helmets

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: quiet helmets 
    Tbh, I was quite impressed with the slightly cheaper HJC lids for quietness.

I've been using an FG-14 for quite a while, bought at GW's for about £70 I think it was. Good lid.

2. Re: quiet helmets 
    Platinum Member
    My Arai is pretty quiet and v comfy...used to have a Caberg but it was VERY noisy. Have also owned an AGV which wasnt too bad.

3. Re: quiet helmets 
    I'm with Star - had a Caberg which was noisy, Arai is in a different realm of comfort, quiet and (unfortunately) price! >
    You gets what you pay for [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Stu
    Anyone fancy a pint?

4. Re: quiet helmets 
    I'm an Arai fan, expensive I know, but in my opinion, you get what you pay for. Comfortable, quiet, look good and well tested for safety.

As a glasses wearer, they also have slots for the arms of your glasses too! Yey.

5. Re: quiet helmets 
    thanks for all the help and tips guys!glad i didnt go and buy the caberg now after hearing what you all have to say about them!hehe!
    wil keep you updated on anything i find

6. Re: quiet helmets 
    I have a Shoei raid 2 and its quiet. A small amount of whilstling at high speed but not that you would notice that much.

7. Re: quiet helmets 
    Shoei's are light, strong and quiet helmets....I seem to recall the Raid 2 is especially quiet. What you need to find are some smaller ear plugs as girls have smaller ear holes...a few of my ex's had the same trouble as you but there are small ear plugs made. Cant recommend using ear plugs enough as it is not much fun damaging your hearing...mine is not very good anymore...please try to find earplugs that fit hun! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: quiet helmets 
    I have a Shoei Raid II and it's one of the loudest helmets I ever owned. I've tried loads of helmets over the years and I'm telling you, you don't know what a quiet helmet is until you're wearing a Schuberth.

Obviously just my opinion based on my experience.

I find it interesting that someone would claim a Raid II is quiet which perhaps goes some way to proving you need to get the right helmet for your head shape, which might not be the one you like based on looks.

Regards,

9. Re: quiet helmets 
    +1 with Finbar, get a variety pack of earplugs off ebay and try them all untill you find ones you like, then buy bulk of that model, works out cheap and protects your hearing, once it's gone it's gone!!
    Stu 8-)
    Anyone fancy a pint?

10. Re: quiet helmets 
    Well I've certainly learned something from this discussion. I have a Caberg for three years and I supposed as it is my first I thought the noise levels were standard. I need to change it this year so will be looking at the advice on here. I dont like ear plugs