Notices

Thread: quiet helmets

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. quiet helmets 
    i recently bought an hjc helmet from gw and after going to the sally tonight i am not impressed at a helmet which was meant to be £150 as it is ridiculousy noisy!i have a headache after coming home as the wind noise is that loud!

does anybody know which make of helmet is a quiet one?i have been reading alot online and people say that its all to do with the fit and how high you sit on the bike or to wear earplugs but im not a big fan of the earplugs :-/

i have seen some cabergs i like but not sure how noisy they are :-/ i dont wanna keep buying lots of different makes then going on 1 journey and finding they are too loud :-/

2. Re: quiet helmets 
    Most helmets I have tried are noisy, I have an AGV airtech and while its not headache inducingly noisy its certainly not quiet you get used to the noise normally, its not an issue for me because I listen to an mp3 player most of the time ;D

3. Re: quiet helmets 
    Cabergs I believe are noisy - If you want to try one Ghost has one which he wore once and has never worn since. What size are you? This one is a medium in grey.

I have an Arai which I find quiet when I'm on the front but suffer with wind noise when I'm pillion. Talk to other pillion riders to see what they say suggest. :-/

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

4. Re: quiet helmets 
    Mine isnt too bad and I havent really noticed whilst riding pillion...its a shoei and i must admit i do like it

;D

5. Re: quiet helmets 
    Hazel-Nut, you will need to check the dB(A) rating of the helmet if you want a quiet one. The lower the number the better and as a guide I suggest you try and find one in the mid eighties. Personally I like Schuberth which are one of the quietest but unfortunately they are expensive but you get what you pay for. As you already mention the fit is just as important and a good fitting less expensive helmet will be better than an ill fitting expensive one. One more thing - wear ear plugs [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Re: quiet helmets 
    Platinum Member
    Try Schuberth as they're well rated for quietness from customers.

If you want the cheaper option wear ear plugs [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: quiet helmets 
    I had a HJC and certainlly as pillion I noticed it was noisy, so stuck ear plugs in on long journies.
    When I started my CBT I bought a Shoei, lol I've not gone that fast on the bike yet, so no idea if it will be noisy, but I do know it fits me better than the HJC did.
    It's Lilac... not pink!

8. Re: quiet helmets 
    I can confirm that cabergs are noisy, I have to wear ear plugs for any length of ride to be comfy

9. Re: quiet helmets 
    Diamond Member
    My wife used rider pillion and she had a Shoei Raid (that now sits in the cupboard gain dust, just like all her bike kit) and she never had an issue with noise.

10. Re: quiet helmets 
    Hi I have a Shoei and have no issue with noise. Never worn plugs and no wishes to. When i bought my helmet it was fitted by one of the guys in the shop (fowlers in Bristol) found that was so important as i was going to buy a shark two sizes too big!! and I thought it felt good!!
    Not 100% sure but i think Shoei is one of the only makes that make the helmets to size they don't just pad them to make different sizes, makes mine xxs very light too. Hope that makes sense and helps. Happy shopping