Notices

Thread: quiet helmets

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: quiet helmets 
    Diamond Member
    I found my AGV to be comfy & quiet now Monster Arai again comfy & quiet. I also do wear plugs due to loud can ;D

Don't you & Dabz have intercom when your Pillion?

2. Re: quiet helmets 
    yeh the intercom is the issue, otherwise we'd both wear ear plugs (I wear them when riding alone)
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: quiet helmets 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    Don't you & Dabz have intercom when your Pillion?
    we do when were on longer rides but not to and from the sally!
    with the amount of wind noise i had last week though i wouldnt be able to hear the intercom!

with the ear plugs i wont be able to hear the intercom either so cant wear them all the time either!

im being fussy and akward i know :P

im currently borrowing a helmet from mark as is partner bought all the stuff but no longer wants to go on the back of his bike :P
    its a shark which fits perfectly just dont know when im going to get the chance to go out and test it for wind noise :-/

thansk for all the suggestions guys!glad i didnt get the caberg and waste more money :P

4. Re: quiet helmets 
    I'm sure we can findtime for a noise test on Sunday
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: quiet helmets 
    Hazel, you're not being akward or fussy, you only have 1 head so you need a helmet thats comfortable both for fit and noise.
    The Shoei I bought recently has now been up to 60 mph !!!!!! ( crickey that's fast when you're at the business end of a bike ;D ) happy with the noise level, tho think Tina was saying she gets a cold face and I noticed my neck and face were pretty chilly, do have a neck scarf and will wear it next time I'm back on the 500.
    It's Lilac... not pink!

6. Re: quiet helmets 
    I have a selection of Buffs & similar in various thicknesses of materials from fleece to thin which keeps my chin & neck warm [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: quiet helmets 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazel-nut
    i recently bought an hjc helmet from gw and after going to the sally tonight i am not impressed at a helmet which was meant to be £150 as it is ridiculousy noisy!i have a headache after coming home as the wind noise is that loud!

does anybody know which make of helmet is a quiet one?i have been reading alot online and people say that its all to do with the fit and how high you sit on the bike or to wear earplugs but im not a big fan of the earplugs :-/#

i have seen some cabergs i like but not sure how noisy they are :-/ i dont wanna keep buying lots of different makes then going on 1 journey and finding they are too loud :-/

Yep, I have one and it's rubbish, I still hear the bike over my music...
    And cabergs are pretty bad too.
    My first helmet was an agv, fitted perfectly and was very, very quiet, both pillion and rider. Steve just got one himself and swears by it.

8. Re: quiet helmets 
    No one brand of lid fits everyone perfectly, even the schuberth lids are quiet on their tests in the lab, but different head shapes will give different results on the road.

One thing you can be sure of- no lid is quiet enough to avoid hearing damage. None of them.

If ear plugs make it hard to hear the road, hear the intercom etc that's a shame. Now try hearing loss all the time, when you can't even hear a conversation off the bike...

Try Alpine ear plugs, they have high and low inserts that let you adjust sound attenuation. CG used them and can still hear her music riding around Germany, but without the sore head, ringing ears etc when she finishes a days riding.

One other thing about ear plugs- make sure you're fitting them properly, most people don't.

9. Re: quiet helmets 
    Just brought a shark s500 air,off phoenix very quiet even at 150 mph (only joking).Fits a treat and was a bargin

10. Re: quiet helmets 
    i have found my helmet ;D
    the shark helmet that mar1k leant me is perfect!the only wind noise was because i wasnt wearing my comfy due to the heat and had my jacket open a little so i didnt roast too much!hehe!

looking forward to trying it out with the intercom now

thanks mar1k [smiley=thumbsup.gif]