Notices

Thread: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll_on
    [quote author=nico_stew link=1271083342/15#26 date=1271766124]Well the first 3 hour practise was a disaster today. I really struggled with the Slalom, figure of 8 and the slow riding. :'(

Im really worried now. Got tomorrow lesson again and then test on Sat so stressing a bit. Any advice will be good [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Stay calm Nicky you know you can do it just forget its a test imagine your out on your own just having a play and practice, so don't rush and be smooth. Remember you need this so you can ride my Ducati.[/quote]

Just remember this and relax! 8-)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

2. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    When you get tense, without realising, your arms stiffen up. Make a conscious effort to relax your arms so you can steer properly. Have you considered using one of the school's bikes? We use Yamaha YBR125's, and they're a lot easier to weave between the cones. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

3. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Like all the rest said, relax make sure you sit comfy and look where you want to go. It will be alright on the day. My problem was the U turn but when it came to it on the test it went sweet as a nut.

4. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    When you get tense, without realising, your arms stiffen up. Make a conscious effort to relax your arms so you can steer properly. Have you considered using one of the school's bikes? We use Yamaha YBR125's, and they're a lot easier to weave between the cones. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Im doing my DAS so am on an ER500

The riding part is fine but am struggling with the slow riding control stuff. Im not used to being able to turn the handlebars into a turn as i have been riding the YZFr125 sports bike.

I know i was very tense and at one stage even shed a tear (silly girl) so i think if i relax a bit and stop worrying it may be smoother.

5. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    I've sent you a PM... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

6. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Ok so i have been totally screwed by the training company i have been going through. Paid alot of money for the instructor chatting on the phone most of the time and test was suppposed to be yesterday and then was told he forgot to book it but managed to get us in today then got a call this morning to say that the tests had been cancelled going forward at the Newbury test centre as the test grounds are "not fit". Could only happen on the day that hubbie and I are supposed to do the test LOL LOL LOL i goota laugh. It keeps me sane.

Able training, I will be sending you a message shortly. Really should have gone through you from the word go but thought staying local was a better plan. Hard lesson learnt.

Anyway everyone, thats the update i have for my test results. No result. LOL

Ah well everything happens for a reason hey [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Platinum Member
    Never mind Nicky sounds like your instructor was rubbish you would certainly be better off with Able Training I know they are a bit far this way really but they do have a great reputation.
    Maybe I'm going to have a pillion on a few more rideouts.

8. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Sorry to hear that Nicky, although good things come to those who wait so I am sure it will be fine in the end!

9. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Banned
    just remember that it was not ur fault, but there is alot of ppl who will be there to help u, even tho ive not started my training yet, im getting a lot of encourgement from the ppl ive met on here, so put it behind u, u know u can do it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

10. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Name and shame them Nicky [smiley=evil.gif]

They've cost you time and money (and stress!!)
    It's Lilac... not pink!