Notices

Thread: I feel soooooo special

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    Diamond Member
    Today a moped tomorrow's bikers if they live that long. Wearing shorts / T shirt / Trainers...etc
    :

2. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    Have to say it is one of the things that annoys me a little!

I ride a yamaha tzr 125 and yes i am on "L" plates but purely because of age! Not that I am excited or anything because I am 21 and starting my DAS in 18 days, but you nod to other bikers and some do reply but there are loads that are like "I've got a gixer 600 who the hell are you?!?" remember we all started somewhere!

3. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie
    I got nodded at by a harley rider once - I'm sure it was by mistake...

BB
    I ride a Harley so maybe it was me I nod to all real bikers.

4. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    Aren't most of them riding illegally anyway? at 16 years old the moped you ride must be under 50cc , capable of no more than 30mph and under a certain kilowat power. They all seem to have after-market exhausts, pollini 70cc kits fitted, and ride like lunatics. I wouldn't be surprised if they all insured them as standard and not (highly) modified. does that make their insurance invalid ? :-/
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

5. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardJH

I ride a yamaha tzr 125 and yes i am on "L" plates but purely because of age! Not that I am excited or anything because I am 21 and starting my DAS in 18 days, but you nod to other bikers and some do reply but there are loads that are like "I've got a gixer 600 who the hell are you?!?" remember we all started somewhere!
    I nod to everyone and anyone and frequently get ignored! seems to me if I'm on the Duke I get ignored by cruisers and everything that is classic and when on a classic I get ignored by everything that is modern. Most ped riders ignore everyone.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardJH

It's got nothing to do with what you ride. The biking world is just the same as the normal world. Some people are "alright" and some people are "dicks".

If you're looking for respect from fellow bikers, take a trip to France. They would rather crash than not acknowledge another rider no matter what you're on.

7. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    I don't need to nod the vibration from a 1700 v-twin makes it look like you are nodding all the time ;D

8. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    I nod to all. On the Strom bikers nod back, on my Vespa they don't even look :
    You'd have thought we were all in the same boat
    Stu
    Anyone fancy a pint?

9. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    I got nodded at on Saturday, ;D my first nod I was soooooo happy (I know, doesn't take much!! : )
    I couldn't nod back tho :-[ I think I'd have fallen off the bike or ridden into the hedge!
    I'll ask my instructor to get me to practice when I'm next out on the bike, tho if anyone ever passes me (in and around Swindon) and you nod, please know inside I'm nodding like a nodding dog [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    It's Lilac... not pink!

10. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    Is it really a full on nod though? I'd say it was more of a sideways tilt meself.

On the subject on peds, I had one behind me today, and he was wearing just a t-shirt, tracksuit bottoms and trainers. He was giving it the full on lean towards the handle bars just to get an extra half a mile an hour out of it. Looked like a right nobber.