Notices

Thread: I feel soooooo special

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    me I nod to all and sundry,coppers,peds,paramedics,crusers,rats,chops anybody on 2 or 3 wheels gets a wave ,foot waggle,whatever.some answer some dont.IT`s always nice to get a reply,whoever It`s from.We all started on something,progressed to others and lust after more exotica.But we are all in the same boat,dicing with tin-tops,dancing with the Devil,and She plays a mean tune.See you all soon.Nicko [smiley=happy.gif]

2. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    I was chuffed to bits yesterday cos I got my 'own' nods lmao........ am usually riding pillion so guess the 'nods' are aimed at my 'driver' but, whilst I was out on my own little 125, I totally ignored the fact that I was being flanked by my 'knight in green armour' and took the nods as my own lol.....I even got a 'thumbs up' by a larger bike rider who I moved over for as he was so much faster than me.........whoop whoop....love it lol lol

;D ;D ;D

3. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardJH
    Have to say it is one of the things that annoys me a little!

I ride a yamaha tzr 125 and yes i am on "L" plates but purely because of age! Not that I am excited or anything because I am 21 and starting my DAS in 18 days, but you nod to other bikers and some do reply but there are loads that are like "I've got a gixer 600 who the hell are you?!?" remember we all started somewhere!

he he he Im on a 125 and NOT because of age (im 43 lmao) but like you say, we all gotta start somewhere...... I'll try n nod to you lol...ive got a yamaha 125 too (YBR) he he he.... im the one with the great big daft grin on my face lmao

;D ;D ;D

4. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    I find it quite amusing when people nod at me and i nod back and then you get that slight pause where they go slightly off the throttle when they realise im actually a girl. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    Me I'll nod to just about anything on two wheels - including most sensible-looking scoot riders. I used to get plenty of nods on my VanVan - the only common exception being from Harley riders...

Quote Originally Posted by python
    Aren't most of them riding illegally anyway? at 16 years old the moped you ride must be under 50cc , capable of no more than 30mph and under a certain kilowat power. They all seem to have after-market exhausts, pollini 70cc kits fitted, and ride like lunatics. I wouldn't be surprised if they all insured them as standard and not (highly) modified. does that make their insurance invalid ? :-/
    However I long gave up on nodding to these turds on step-thrus with no gear and no idea, they never nod back anyway. In a past life commuting through gridlocked Birmingham traffic, the number of times I saw these morons nearly get themselves (or often ME) killed is staggering.

As for them being tomorrow's bikers, if they're going to be the bikers of tomorrow who do 60 through rural villages on a gixxer wearing jeans and reebok classics, then overtake round a blind bend straight into the grille of a tractor, then maybe there is no hope for the future of motorcycling anyway :-[

(end rant now)

Chris

6. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    Thats a bit unusual i've never been nodded at by a moped, and out of the moped riders i know i wouldn't want them to either

7. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    Quote Originally Posted by python
    Aren't most of them riding illegally anyway? at 16 years old the moped you ride must be under 50cc , capable of no more than 30mph and under a certain kilowat power. They all seem to have after-market exhausts, pollini 70cc kits fitted, and ride like lunatics. I wouldn't be surprised if they all insured them as standard and not (highly) modified. does that make their insurance invalid ? :-/
    I know my girlfriends, cousins ped's illegal because he's got the 70cc kit fitted and he's had it rebored so the engine's running more then the standard bhp required for someone of his age, but little does he know that he's just destroying it everytime he rides it not only cos he's a t*t on it but because I've seen so many of these Aerox's in Gib and Spain that have been modified sat in scrap yards after about 3 years service.

My Aprillia ped was modified, even though I was 27 when I owned it and had a full licence, and that was forever being repaired which actually sounds like every bike I've ever owned ;D

I did enjoy riding in and out of cars wearing nothing but flip flops, shorts and a p**s pot style helmet but it was all the norm in Spain/Gib and drivers knew what to look out for unlike the granny in her Micra over here >

8. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    I nod/wave/thumbs up at everyone, mainly because I may well have trained them... :-[ : ;D

It was only a crowd of HA that gave me the middle finger one time. And BMW riders more often than not, don't acknowledge me. :-?
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

9. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    Diamond Member
    Who In Trowbridge doesn't Know Mark Able......

I nod/wave whatever don't always get a responce.

Even say thanks (Sometimes) : to cars that pull over into the verge kcking up stones & **** to let us pass.

10. Re: I feel soooooo special 
    I find it depends what Bike I'm on as to who waves and who dosen't.

The SV gets waved at by other sportsbike riders and most modern bike riders.

The Honda gets waved at by a few calssic bike riders and ocassionally by trail bike riders (mistakenly I think)

The GS gets waved at by barely anybody.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"