Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: World Cup 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_Star
    r.u.b.b.i.s.h >
    thats football :P

2. Re: World Cup 
    Platinum Member
    Not a great football fan and that was so boring I went out and checked my bike over for tomorrow. Give me moto Gp and Rugby anyday.

3. Re: World Cup 
    Hear Hear [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Trouble is we don't win the Rugby either anymore

4. Re: World Cup 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    I heard on the TV today that the Septics have sold 8000 tickets compared with England officially selling 6000... I think they'll give us a thorough going over and it won't be the easy first game that the red-top trash have been yelling about.
    I have a bet on with a colleague (for the grand sum of one pint) that England's bunch of overpaid nancyboy underachievers don't make it out of the group stage. Don't mind being proved wrong, but don't be surprised by news reports tomorrow of town centres the length and breadth of the country being trashed by the pissed-up chav dimwits who believe we'll actually win anything, all having a big paddy-fit when we're shown to be as average as we really are.... :
    That's the spirit :

Don't worry about the bet...I'd buy you a drink just to cheer you up ffs

A so so game but I'd rather have it in the group stage than anywhere else (and still get a point).

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

5. Re: World Cup 
    The first game in the tournament is always a nervy affair, England out played them and the USA didn't look like scoring just the keeper's mistake let them off the hook. We'll still qualify for the next stage.

6. Re: World Cup 
    i didnt get to watch it while i was working in the end as they moved to the parc market rather than the venue -centre parcs gets on my nerves sometimes grrrrrr - but from what i have read and heard i didnt miss much :P

7. Re: World Cup 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemma_Nokes
    How do we lift Robert Green's spirits then? He must be gutted
    I had to ask Ghost who & why at this point... :-[

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

8. Re: World Cup 
    Oh dear... I've just watched the first half of tonight's game in which a young German side (for half of whom this is their first WC) are taking the Aussies to the cleaners, the Aussies should be thankful it's only 0-2 so far... possession, movement, fantastic passes to open up the defence, a joy to watch were it not Germany, and illustrating so painfully England's glaring paucity of talent. > Watch it and weep you overpaid tossers, this is how it should be played. :-?
    I see that Slovenija are topping England's group tonight - I bet none of the tabloids predicted that did they? :

Perhaps we could take a leaf out of some of the old Communist ways of thinking - bring shame upon the country and you are stripped of all wealth and possessions and spend some time in the salt mines upon your return - that might wake the dullards up a bit... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

9. Re: World Cup 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry what is football???

10. Re: World Cup 
    When's are next match and who is it against? :-?

BTW, why is this thread under 'general bike chat'? Couldn't find it for ages!