Notices

Thread: Tinted vs. Pinlock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Tinted vs. Pinlock 
    Hi, I use pinlock tinted on a clear visor on my Arai and it's great!! Never steamed up and I carry a spare clear one in case I get caught out by bad light.

Martin

2. Re: Tinted vs. Pinlock 
    Personally I hate riding without a pinlock insert (I seem to fog up my lid very easily). I've got a dark tinted visor with a clear pinlock insert.

However, if I'm going out and there's any possibility at all of being out after dark, a clear visor comes with me. Like others have said, 99% of coppers are reasonable people and have no problem with tinted visors being used in appropriate conditions.

On the other hand, in the event of a crash I don't fancy having glass and metal flying around inside my lid so a pair of sunnies is a no-no for me.

3. Re: Tinted vs. Pinlock 
    I think all helmets should be sold with an internal tinted visor like mine. That way you don't need to worry about sunnies or being on the right side of the law

4. Re: Tinted vs. Pinlock 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRowner
    I think all helmets should be sold with an internal tinted visor like mine. That way you don't need to worry about sunnies or being on the right side of the law
    I can't stand the flick down tinted visors I tried a couple and ditched every helmet with it. As I said its all personal taste.

5. Re: Tinted vs. Pinlock 
    I have a clear pinlock on my clear visor and just use a plain dark visor most of the time, carrying the spare one under my leathers, wrapped round my ribs in an old sports sock (it's so unobtrusive that I've forgotten that it's there until taking leathers off after a day out...)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen