Notices

Thread: Tinted vs. Pinlock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Tinted vs. Pinlock 
    Hi all,

Today I splashed out on a shiny new Shoei and this is my first introduction to Pinlock. Im looking forward to a jolly to Frome tomorrow to try it out and hopefully won't arrive in tears as caused by my old 'cheap' helmet.

My question to you is.... in my previous helmet I used a light smoke tinted visor which worked well in the early evening sun and didn't get any attention from plod as it was a subtle tint.

Now that I have pinlock, I am wondering if I should purchase a tinted Shoei visor and fit a clear pinlock, or use the clear visor as supplied and purchase a tinted pinlock... or doesn't it make any difference.

Thanks all
    Rach.

2. Re: Tinted vs. Pinlock 
    Platinum Member
    Personally i'm not too keen on the pin locks as the edge distracts my vision. but then again I do have a problem with distraction of thing on visors, screens or my glasses. so personally i go for tinited visors. But pinlocks are good as you don't need to carry a 2nd visor if going on a ride and expecting to be back after dark.

3. Re: Tinted vs. Pinlock 
    the police arent too concerned about tinted visors as long as you dont wear them at night or in poor visibility
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

4. Re: Tinted vs. Pinlock 
    I have the clear screen on my Shoei and if it gets too bright i have a pair of wrap around sun-glasses i put on....always done the job for me

5. Re: Tinted vs. Pinlock 
    I've got a shoei with the clear pinlock on it, (has misted up on me!! :-? ) Rachel, I was thinking of buying a tinted pinlock but you will still be left with a gap around the pinlock screen so am thinking of going down the sunglasses route like Alex.
    It's Lilac... not pink!

6. Re: Tinted vs. Pinlock 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieD
    I've got a shoei with the clear pinlock on it, (has misted up on me!! :-? ) Rachel, I was thinking of buying a tinted pinlock but you will still be left with a gap around the pinlock screen so am thinking of going down the sunglasses route like Alex.
    if its still misting you don't have it fitted correctly - yo may need to turn the screws and tighten the edge up. Also helps if the visor is throughly cleaned before its placed on.

7. Re: Tinted vs. Pinlock 
    Will have a play with the screws, the visors is clean
    It's Lilac... not pink!

8. Re: Tinted vs. Pinlock 
    i took my pinlock off my shoei dint get on with it i use sunglasses much better [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    If it has a red line use it ....

9. Re: Tinted vs. Pinlock 
    Thanks all,
    Ive been riding out today using my clear visor and clear pinlock and I must say Im sooo impressed with the whole Shoei sherbang! The helmet wasn't an expensive one, only £250 which is near the botton of the range compared to others Ive seen.

Im now not getting the air through the visor that I was with my cheap helmet meaning I dont arrive everywhere in tears... and the pinlock didnt fog at all which is fantastic. Really impressed.

I have purchased a tinted visor and tinted pinlock as it seems to be personal preference rather than one solution being better than the other - so will try out all the options, but not both together. :-)

Rach

10. Re: Tinted vs. Pinlock 
    He he he.....I always have tears.....i steam up if my visor is right down and cry no matter where the visor is positioned.....so I just get used to wearing a soggy helmet lmao

;D ;D ;D