Notices

Thread:  Yamaha Off Road Experience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.  Yamaha Off Road Experience 
    Wasnt sure what to do for my 30th birthday - fancied hiring a fast car or something but was scared by the 3k deposit you had to fork out ! So after remembering the KTM offroad days ive seen advertised I did some googling & came across the Yamaha offroad experience (ktm one wasnt avail till the following weekend and we didnt want to wait). This is ran in mid Wales by a bunch of chaps who are experienced enduro guru's and thought it'd be apt to get on and do one of these courses as I'm really keen to get into the whole hare & hound / enduro type events, not only that but my little brothers keen to get an exc 250f !

So I booked it up for my mate and Will, it was £210 each for the day which includes all gear hire, bike - choice of wr250 or wr450 bikes plus a couple of more road orientated trail bikes in 250 and 450 guises, lunch and tuition and a full days action packed riding around the mountains / forests and farm land.

We started off learning how to corner, stand up, manauver our weight around the bike for optimum grip / balance. Id already ridden mx bikes years ago so knew what to do, but was first to fall off trying to hold a drift on the grass Smile.

Once the instructor was happy with our ability we went off and rode some terrain that became more difficult the further we went. Up some steep climbs, back down, through some marshy area and through a rock strewn stream then up a rutted wooded climb then back down into the fields via some pretty hairy hairpins with worn out lines that a few of us had a tendancy to overshoot and fly off down the hill !

As the day progressed the intructor was getting us to do some pretty crazy stuff, stuff id never imagine myself to have the minerals to do, i certainly wouldnt have attempted doing them out on my own. So all in all we were pretty chuffed with our progress and our ever increasing confidence and ability that this course gave us. We all had a good laugh at each others spills & were thoroughly worn out at the end of the day, so much so im aching so bad today i booked an additional days hoilday !

Well worth the money and would deffo recommend !

http://www.yamaha-offroad-experience.co.uk/

2. Re:   Yamaha Off Road Experience 
    Sounds really good mate!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re:   Yamaha Off Road Experience 
    Sounds as good as ever, I did it about 10 years with Gerraint Jones the multi enduro champion welsh sheep farmer. Well worth the money and well worth giving it a go. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re:   Yamaha Off Road Experience 
    Sounds like a good time! I've always fancied doing that myself. I've done an off road day locally that was a giggle!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: Yamaha Off Road Experience 
    Quote Originally Posted by moohatchi
    Sounds as good as ever, I did it about 10 years with Gerraint Jones the multi enduro champion welsh sheep farmer. Well worth the money and well worth giving it a go. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Yeah it was ran by his also champ, son Dylan.. Yeah lots of sheep there

6. Re:   Yamaha Off Road Experience 
    Diamond Member
    now all you need to do is borrow your bro's 250f and come out green laning with us.... :-)

7. Re:   Yamaha Off Road Experience 
    Yeah, he needs to hurry up and buy it eh ..

I might just sell the Sduke and get me a exc250 2t or something. similar

8. Re: Yamaha Off Road Experience 
    Diamond Member
    id recommend the yamaha WR250f, loads of us "non professionals" have them, theyre a bit less "Full on" than the KTM, and they last well too...
    ive got a 4000 mile old bike thats never had a piston kit! the engines never been to bits, and not even the valve clearances have shifted!!!!.....
    i will however be doing a cautionary engine strip/mod soon, but thats the kind of reliability i like... (altho Ade will tell you that mine doesnt like water in the fuel...hahaha).....

come on out anytime :-)

9. Re:   Yamaha Off Road Experience 
    Diamond Member
    Sounds and looks cool

10. Re: Yamaha Off Road Experience 
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydangerous
    id recommend the yamaha WR250f, loads of us "non professionals" have them, theyre a bit less "Full on" than the KTM, and they last well too...
    ive got a 4000 mile old bike thats never had a piston kit! the engines never been to bits, and not even the valve clearances have shifted!!!!.....
    i will however be doing a cautionary engine strip/mod soon, but thats the kind of reliability i like... (altho Ade will tell you that mine doesnt like water in the fuel...hahaha).....

come on out anytime :-)
    Yeah when i get one ill give you a shout
    Yeah I think after riding the Yam i was happy enough with it to buy one.
    KTM's do the bee's though eh ?!