Thread: Mahoooooosive Wiltshire bikers group photo 2010

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
  1. Re: Mahoooooosive Wiltshire bikers group photo 2010 
    What a great idea [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2. Re: Mahoooooosive Wiltshire bikers group photo 2010 
    Brilliant Kev! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: Mahoooooosive Wiltshire bikers group photo 2010 
    Platinum Member
    Just seen this as I now finally have access to the interwebthingymajiggy - sounds a great idea and will be a good memory for when i'm galavanting across the world in a few month - so best be getting it done soon before the crappy weather sets in [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Another place could be Castle Coombe race track as we've done photo shoots there before

4. Re: Mahoooooosive Wiltshire bikers group photo 2010 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    I e-mailed Longleat to see what they would think of a group photo in front of the house. Response below

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay in my reply.
    We can certainly look to accomodate this although would need to know when you would be planning to do this and at what time so we can gauge if this would impact with general visitor traffic.
    Normally we would charge a standard photo shoot fee for this, however I would be happy to alter this so only a grounds entry fee is required per person attending. This cost would be £4 per person.

If you are still interested and have a better idea of timings please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Steve Mytton
    ================================
    Steve Mytton
    Public Relations
    Marketing Assistant
    Longleat Enterprises

Direct line 01985 845415
    Address The Estate Office, Longleat,
    Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 7NW
    Excellent idea Kev! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Good work! Count me in guys - when are we going to do this then?

5. Re: Mahoooooosive Wiltshire bikers group photo 2010 
    Platinum Member
    Nice one Kev, fantastic news and probably a winner i reckon

How do you start a location poll on this thing? Do we even need a poll on location or just go with Kev's contact and go straight to a poll on dates?

6. Re: Mahoooooosive Wiltshire bikers group photo 2010 
    Now all we need is the power to control the weather so we get a good day for it.

7. Re: Mahoooooosive Wiltshire bikers group photo 2010 
    Platinum Member
    We need a command decision to move this on so i hope no-one will mind if we just run with Longleat. Summer's fading fast unfortunately and Longleat is a world renowned iconic Wiltshire landmark.....with a good carpark at the front of the house!!

Kev, i hope you don't mind but i'll get in touch with Steve at Longleat and look at the possibilities of dates and times. If it's possible to do Sundays then i'll probably post a poll with a couple of Sundays middle to late Sept, it seems that the majority of people have Sundays off so if there's a choice of 2 it'll hopefully maximize attendance.

Once we've got a date then does anyone know a mate with a van or something tall for the photographer to stand on, i imagine the shot will need to be from an elevated position....maybe Steve at longleat could help with that...i'll ask
    Also, if we end up with a huge number coming i'll get in touch with the Wiltshire Times to see if they want to run it as a Human Interest story and send along a phot guy, could be some positive PR for bikers....and local rags are always under pressure to fill their pages.
    Another good idea is, if we can get most people to come with an MCN then we can take 1 shot of us all holding it up and that should get us in there too!! ........Vanity....a deadly sin!!

When i get some info back i'll let you know and we can take it from there
    ;D

8. Re: Mahoooooosive Wiltshire bikers group photo 2010 
    Platinum Member
    I've got a van and don't care if someone stands on the roof - could also transport other bikes if they're none runners but something special

9. Re: Mahoooooosive Wiltshire bikers group photo 2010 
    There are already 2 other WB events in September: 12th is Ace to Brighton, 18--19th. is Isle of Wight. So if it's got be be a Sunday, that leaves 5th and 26th.

10. Re: Mahoooooosive Wiltshire bikers group photo 2010 
    Platinum Member
    Had a chat with Steve, he needs a date and number of attendees before he'll confirm. Once he has these he can consult the Groundsman and get the thumbs up. Very positive chat but obviously wont confirm until we have numbers......doesn't want a gazillion bikers invading the estate which totally makes sense.

Thanks Robin for the heads up on existing events, below is a copy of the letter and ammendment

Can we hit this poll soonest, the quicker we can get back to Steve the better [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hi Steve,
    Can i also add Sunday 3rd October as a potential date and remove Sunday 19th sept.
    To confirm: The 2 proposed dates are now Sunday 26th sept or Sunday 3rd Oct

Kind regards

Liam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: steve.mytton@longleat.co.uk
    Subject: Wiltshire Bikers Group Photo Longleat House
    Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 11:26:12 +0100

Dear Steve,

Many thanks for taking your time to speak to me today.

As you know our plan is to take a group photo of our Wiltshire Bikers members parked in front of the world renowned and iconic Longleat House. With regards to our conversation, i will confirm with you the numbers and the particular Sunday of choice (either 19th Sept or 26th Sept) as soon as i have that information. I totally understand the necessity for a pre 10am photoshoot and will be asking attendees to arrive by 8am for a 9am shoot. I will post a poll on the forum today and will hopefully have the information for you at least by Tuesday 31st August. It really is very hard to gauge just how many will attend, but i very much doubt it will be any greater than 100 bikes and riders. I will ensure all riders have a "parking puck" for their stands so as not to damage the area in the front of The House.

As mentioned, i will be approaching the Wiltshire Times once the photo's have been taken and hopefully they will run a brief human Interest story. Thank you for allowing that, no money will be made from the photos. In fact no money will be generated by the photos at all as all attendees will receive the digital images for free.

I'd like to thank you in advance for your time and effort and please pass on to the Groundsman our respect for his instruction and the Estate.

If there is any other information you require before i get back to you on Tuesday then please don't hesitate to contact me.

kind regards

Liam Owen
    01225 777006
    07858 284591